Sign in to follow this  
Tradewell20

Bandit Status

3 posts in this topic

So since Exile is technically a "prisoner island game" I think it would be cool to put a bandit status/mission in the game. What it would do is if someone gets on a kill streak of lets say 5 people, a bandit status/mission will pop up on them, what it will do is put a big circle around them kind of like a capture point for lets say 5 minutes (time could be adjusted). The circle will follow the bandit for the entire time, but just because the circle is following them doesn't mean that they are at the center of the circle, it is more of a "they are in this general area" circle. Now if a player kills the bandit, they will be awarded respect and money (decided by the server owner), and if the bandit survives the "5 minutes" they will be rewarded more respect and money maybe an item or something like a knife for outlasting the bounty (also decided by the server owner). I think this would be fun because it is a mission that can take place anywhere, not just predetermined areas like most missions are, and it is a mobile mission, it can end in the middle of the woods, with a big car chase, in a heli, the possibilities are endless. I feel it would add and create a little more PVP on populated servers.

If I'm a prisoner and I escape, why would I not be a bandit by default?

It would be better to put a mission up every time there was a player who gets killed without killing another player 5x in a row so the rest of the bandits can come and teach him a lesson (by killing him more).

@Tradewell20 I've seen this style of mission on a Day-Z Overpoch server, it picks a random player on the map once or twice a restart during peak times and marks them like a DMS mission - large yellow circle that adjusts it's position about once a minute or so.

Anyone able to kill the player got a briefcase with some gold/gems in it and whatever was on the corpse depending on the server. If the bandit managed to avoid being killed (they had around 15 minutes to stay alive) then they got a nice in-game item like a weapon/vehicle/supplies. I believe this was an admin started mission however as the ones I saw had an admin TP over and give the winner their loot.

How you do this? No idea but I kinda like the idea for high-pop servers and Exile/DMS might be able to handle the loot drop much better than an admin TP'ing over to a body.

Advertisement