deltagi

Disable Kill messages, and Earphones.

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I have a question, First part of this question, how do I disable the kill messages that appear on screen, such as 'enemy fragged + 10 respect'. This appears in the middle of the screen, not on the text bar. I'd like to just simply disable that. Next id like to also move the earphones icon (when muting the sound ingame) to the opposite side of the screen. If i need to clarify anything I can! Thank you so much!

If I find any solutions ill make a small tutorial in this thread!

Advertisement

I don't think anyone has ever tried to disable it completely.... I'm sure there will be a way to do it however.

If I remember correctly there's minimal kill message in the Exile Reborn mod so you could have a look through the code on Github for that to see how it works as a starting point. I think Exile Reborn simply states "A Player Has Died" and that's about it. It's likely nothing more than a code override to achieve it on the client side. might be a start for you at least.

Sorry for not being able to tell you directly, it's not something I have experience in but hopefully that gives you a start point.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Search for the file called ExileServer_object_player_event_onMpKilled.sqf

Then edit the file and where it starts with: 

_systemChat =  *** * * ** * ***** 

Just put // infront of that line and no messages should be popping up. Make sure you do it for every "case" though.

Example: 

_systemChat = format ["%1 commited suicide!", name _victim];          change it to:

//_systemChat = format ["%1 commited suicide!", name _victim];

EDIT: read your post wrong, lemme get back at ya

Edit 2: Pretty sure its in the same file, search for _killSummary and comment that one out. See what that brings.

Edited by ILLUXNNN

6 hours ago, ILLUXNNN said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Search for the file called ExileServer_object_player_event_onMpKilled.sqf

Then edit the file and where it starts with: 

_systemChat =  *** * * ** * ***** 

Just put // infront of that line and no messages should be popping up. Make sure you do it for every "case" though.

Example: 

_systemChat = format ["%1 commited suicide!", name _victim];          change it to:

//_systemChat = format ["%1 commited suicide!", name _victim];

EDIT: read your post wrong, lemme get back at ya

Edit 2: Pretty sure its in the same file, search for _killSummary and comment that one out. See what that brings.

I look into this man! thank you for the starting point. Basically I just don't want the kill feed that comes in white and yellow letters I believe, I just want it in system chat. So Ill see if your method works, and maybe make a tutorial for others to make this happen!

• Like 2

Advertisement