KillerServers

KillerServers.io

19 posts in this topic

xZKhWNX.png
https://www.killerservers.io

It is with sadness that I must announce the end of KillerServers. Any existing services will continue to run until February 28, 2018 @ 11:59pm PT, at which point they will be shut down.

I started KillerServers a year ago, and though we saw some success, unfortunately our client base never spread beyond the Arma 3 Exile services. This is an expensive game to run, and requires a significant amount of server resources (CPU & RAM) to run, limiting the ability to host more than a few servers per host machine. Life has also taken me in a slightly different direction, and unfortunately this new path doesn't leave me much time to focus on, and manage the systems that run KillerServers. I am trying my hardest, but I don't want to turn into one of those companies that takes 12+ hours to respond to a support request, and have the customers feel like they're being ignored. I have thought about bringing on more people for support, but in all honesty I have an issue with entrusting someone with that much power and privilege over my systems.

So what does this mean for you? Effective immediately the billing system has been shutdown, which means that if you're already paid up for current services you'll have free services until the shutdown occurs. Your server will continue to run until 11:59pm on February 28, 2018. Then I will be shutting down the host machines. Service and support will not be affected during this time and I will still be providing the same level of support and quality of service you've come to know. The support ticket system will not be available anymore, the best way to reach me for support is on Discord using the link in the footer of this email, or by email to [email protected].

Thank you for your business, it was our pleasure to provide you with hosting services during this time, and I wish you all the best for 2018.

Sincerely,
Brian Hill
KillerServers.io Owner

Edited by KillerServers
Updated server locations. Vancouver, Montreal, France.
  • Like 6

Hey guys,

Just wanted to throw in a plug for KillerServers. Our clan TCT has been using them during the invite only beta trial. After 3 weeks we moved our servers over from gameservers.com, and have been really happy with the service. The servers have been rock solid. Great speed, awesome pings, top notch support. We run a couple of Arma 3/Exile servers right now and will be adding and ARK server shortly.

The panel is great and super easy to use. Tons of one click add-ons available to install, like CUP and RHS. Plus you just can't beat the price. So glad they are going public now, so I can tell my friends to move their servers!

• Like 2

Advertisement

Just to let everyone know, I'm the one that's started and running KillerServers. A lot of you know me from running the TarfuGaming servers, and from my contributions to the scripting community here. If you have any questions you can post them here or PM me or the KillerServers account and I'll be happy to help you out.

• Like 2

We are proud to announce the availability of one-click script installs for Exile servers. We have the following scripts available for instant install.

• DMS (Defents Misssion System)
    DMS provides your Exile server with AI mission encounters. Missions will be randomly spawned around your map and include a variety of scenarios such as vehicle capture, weapons crate recovery, food/medical supplies recovery, etc. The current one-click install of DMS comes with stock config settings but can be customized to your liking after installation.

• Exile Occupation
    Exile Occupation is a complimentary script to DMS and requires DMS to be installed. Exile Occupation adds roaming AI, vehicle patrols, supply crate drops, public transportation system (ground or air), dynamic spawning traders, and lots more. The current one-click install of Exile Occupation comes with the stock config settings but can be customized to your liking after installation.

• ExileZ 2 (updated by Kuplion)
    ExileZ 2 adds a zombie spawning system to your server and requires Zombies & Demons MOD to be installed. ExileZ 2 spawns zombies in towns and around players dynamically. It also spawns hordes around random players at random intervals. The current one-click install of ExileZ 2 has a slightly modified config. Zombie mission has been disabled by default, but this can be customized to your liking after installation.

All scripts are available for install in the "Addons" section of your Game Server Panel. Just search for "script" to filter them out, then click on the "Install" button to the right.

NM6c8hy.png

• Like 3

On 5/27/2017 at 1:53 AM, acageybeard said:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to throw in a plug for KillerServers. Our clan TCT has been using them during the invite only beta trial. After 3 weeks we moved our servers over from gameservers.com, and have been really happy with the service. The servers have been rock solid. Great speed, awesome pings, top notch support. We run a couple of Arma 3/Exile servers right now and will be adding and ARK server shortly.

The panel is great and super easy to use. Tons of one click add-ons available to install, like CUP and RHS. Plus you just can't beat the price. So glad they are going public now, so I can tell my friends to move their servers!

you all played on tfg so the recommendations are not relevant. I'd be curious to see whats offered for 1 click install and what custom work will be offered.

I've been so busy working on expanding our network and adding more services that I've forgotten to update this thread. We've expanded our network and are able to provide servers internationally now. We have host machines in data centers located on the West and East Coast of North America, and in France for our European friends. Almost every game we provide hosting services for is available in all locations with the exception of one, Terraria, which is only available on our West Coast servers. We'll continue expanding with demand to provide coverage where it's wanted and needed.

54 minutes ago, Tango5Ni9r said:

I'd be curious to see whats offered for 1 click install and what custom work will be offered.

One-click installs are detailed here: https://www.killerservers.io/exile-servers.php

What do you mean by custom work?

7 minutes ago, KillerServers said:

I've been so busy working on expanding our network and adding more services that I've forgotten to update this thread. We've expanded our network and are able to provide servers internationally now. We have host machines in data centers located on the West and East Coast of North America, and in France for our European friends. Almost every game we provide hosting services for is available in all locations with the exception of one, Terraria, which is only available on our West Coast servers. We'll continue expanding with demand to provide coverage where it's wanted and needed.

One-click installs are detailed here: https://www.killerservers.io/exile-servers.php

What do you mean by custom work?

Well for novice people who'd like to own a server. QGS offered a service where you'd pay more monthly but they'd add mods,scripts that some couldn't. For example infistar, or ExAd. I'm wondering if you offer this as well.

Of course. There'd be a "professional services" fee for the mod / script being installed, and the complexity of the customization the client would like. I don't currently have this advertised because I didn't want to over-promise and under deliver. Our Terms of Service state:

Our support team will endeavor to assist you as soon as possible, to the best of their ability and knowledge. All services unless specifically referenced are self managed. We are not required to install or assist in the installation of (but not limited to):

• Plugins / Mods / Scripts
  • Configuration Files
  • Models / Materials
  • Maps

That said, I have helped clients installing some scripts and pointed clients in the correct direction when they're stuck. If desired I would be willing to provide script installation and game customization services. Your example of infiSTAR would be a quick install and as such would be cheap. But it would require that you own a license for infiSTAR and provide the files to me for install. ExAD would be a bit more in depth as it's a much more complex installation, so the fee for installing that would be more than for infiSTAR.

A caveat to this would be that I would do the initial implementation, but you the client would be responsible for any future modifications or updates of the scripts. If updates are out of your comfort level for scripting then there'd be a subsequent charge for me to update the script for you.

It basically comes down to paying for my time.

Advertisement