Rangecreed

Hatch and Drawbridge - Feedback

4 posts in this topic

Curious as to if the lockable version of the hatch will appear in the final version of this patch, as it doesn't appear to be ingame?. Also can the open/close/lock function on the drawbridge have its distance increased because currently its only use is going to be for elevated/sky bases. My reasoning behind this is if you where to use this as a functioning door, you cannot open/close it from either end. So if you dropped the door down to then drive a vehicle over you cannot then get out and close the drawbridge, you have to run back across to the start in which case you will be trapped inside as you cannot make it across in time while it closes. 

What if a generator or some sort could be used as a *power source* So you would place this down in an pre-defined position/radius from the drawbridge and could use to open the gate from a distance in semi realistic terms.  

Or additionally use the existing model attach a very basic wire/cable/string design (doesn't have to be fancy ) leading to the existing model of the generator, and just call it Powered Drawbridge.  Be a nice way to re-use the high quality asset that is the generator since it never gets touched. I'm just not sure of the best way to do this currently, as with alot of base designs that are not on ground level it would just end up with a floating generator with cable in mid air.

The hatches.

Edited by Rangecreed

We ran into issues getting them to work properly and since getting the update out was more important, they were removed for the time being. If we manage to get them to work, they will be added in game. 

We will take that into consideration, but keep in mind, it's a draw bridge, not a draw door. ;) 

• Like 2

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, WolfkillArcadia said:

We ran into issues getting them to work properly and since getting the update out was more important, they were removed for the time being. If we manage to get them to work, they will be added in game. 

We will take that into consideration, but keep in mind, it's a draw bridge, not a draw door. ;) 

I know its a drawbridge was just thinking from a gameplay aspect how functional it will be if it can only be opened from 1 side :P , some remote functionality or similar would be a nice alternative.  I have waited since launch for drawbridges ;) 

edit: Aw I just noticed that drawbridge is gone from the old roadmap. The future is truly amazing.

Edited by Rangecreed

@Rangecreed just a thought (and wouldn't work in all scenarios) you could put down 2 drawbridge's placed opposing to each other so as you LEAVE the base you "open" the one closest to the outside world and when you arrive back and want to secure the base, open the one facing the base.

This would however cause a problem in situations where you left someone inside the base and the one that is open they cannot reach. Not ideal I know but it IS a possibility, right?

Advertisement