Sign in to follow this  
StevieP

A3XAI heli patrol problems

3 posts in this topic

Hello, i need help understanding what is wrong with my a3xai config.

The ai ground troops are working perfect;

the ground vehicle patrols are a little glitchy (sometimes there is just 4 enemy in a stationary car that just dont attack when you are in range, players shoot them dead in the car and they don't respond) but this is random, most of the time they do engage players correctly.

The main problem i'm getting is the air patrols, i have set 3 to fly around the altis map and we see them quite often in pawnee or hurons flying over but they never engage players, i have set them to 90% chance to spot a player and still they ignore us. I have flown past them in my heli or a plane and they have not engaged me in the air either. I can't see any other settings within a3xai_config to actually tweak or resolve this issue. I read on another forum that they were only attacking players when they were in their cars but as soon as they got out the heli patrol instantly ceased fire. I would prefer if the heli patrols were more deadly (i.e they attack players on foot, in car and certainly in the air) if that was working correctly i would turn down the ai spot chance a little to make it more fair.

Any ideas folks? sorry if this is answered somewhere else but i have been searching a lot for people with this same issue.

I've switched from A3XAI to Exile Occupation but when I did run A3XAI, the helis engaged me on foot, in vehicles and in the air. Maybe turn on debug logging in A3XAI and see if there's a message that tells you what the problem is?

I wonder if this is new behaviour with AI introduced in a recent ARMA 3 update?

I did not have roaming choppers on my production server prior to A3 1.64 but I did have them on my test server. On the test server, they were very aggressive and would attack players on foot, vehicles and in the air but not anymore. They now rarely engage players on foot (they do but it's rare).

Advertisement