Sign in to follow this  
Thedummbie

Need help setting up server

Question

Hey guys. If this is in the wrong place please move it!! I'm looking to host an Exile server from my home server. More of a Test server for now with 10-20 slots nothing huge. I'm not trying to add any other mods than Exile...At least to start. I'd like to get it set up and running before I start adding mods. I've spent many hours on Google trying to find a working tutorial with little success. I've found a few "How to" but they are all at least a couple years old and they all seem to have a different way of doing it. Mysql, Navicat, Bec Etc . SO My question is does anyone know where I can find a new WORKING tutorial to help my setup my server OR can someone please help my figure it out! 

Any help is very much appreciated!!!
Thanks ahead of time guys!

9 answers to this question

Advertisement

I now have a server set up and running. The problem it is, it is only on lan. I'm having trouble with my port forwarding. Or at least I think that's the problem. Any help is much appreciated!!!

are you shure youve fixed the #lock problem? seems that your rcon password is not set up in the exile_server_config

If you still need help on that just tell us the error message you get. :)

no worries we'll find a way :)

6 hours ago, Thedummbie said:

I now have a server set up and running. The problem it is, it is only on lan. I'm having trouble with my port forwarding. Or at least I think that's the problem. Any help is much appreciated!!!

are you running your server in a windows environment?

did you set up the firewall's in- and outbound rules? 

So I've got a server started but i've run into a couple problems. First one is when I start the server I get an error (Failed attempt to execute serverCommand '#lock' by server.) But the server still starts. Next is it is only on lan...I'm guessing I didn't forward my ports right? And the last is when I pick a spawn it kicks me for some reason.

Advertisement