M6mal

Add a lock to a gate made with eden editor

7 posts in this topic

Hi i have made a repo yard on my server for putting repossed vehicles in when a player has not paid rent etc or has not been on for over 3 weeks.

I have used the m3editor eden edition to build a concrete walled area with a blue set of concrete gates. My problem is that anybody can open the gates, so at the moment i block the gate with a vehicle or two. Is there any way i cam add a lock to my gate or a code so i can only access it. I do not use infistar etc

You can lock the gate in Exile like this:

_myGateObject setVariable ["ExileIsLocked", -1,true];

and unlock like this:

_myGateObject setVariable ["ExileIsLocked",0,true];

or you use to lock:

_myGateObject setVariable ["bis_disabled_Door_1" , 1, true]; // Objects first door
_myGateObject setVariable ["bis_disabled_Door_2" , 1, true]; // Objects second door
_myGateObject setVariable ["bis_disabled_Door_3" , 1, true]; // Objects third door

unlock:

_myGateObject setVariable ["bis_disabled_Door_1" , 0, true]; // Objects first door
_myGateObject setVariable ["bis_disabled_Door_2" , 0, true]; // Objects second door
_myGateObject setVariable ["bis_disabled_Door_3" , 0, true]; // Objects third door

and for a Exile Pincode you can try:

_myGateObject setVariable ["ExileAccessCode", 00000]; // Need 4 numbers for pincode but 5 numbers for the var. Example: 05485

Edited by [RG] Salutesh
  • Like 1

Advertisement

OK thanks but how do i implement it and where.

my gate and concrete walls are on the airfiled area  and it is in my initserver.sqf

here is the line i have for the gate below

["Exile_Construction_ConcreteGate_Static",[14939.2,17035.1,17.8832],[[0.980786,0.195053,0.00365916],[-0.00399675,0.0013372,0.999991]],[true,false]],

Edited by M6mal

unfortunately  it is too close to trader to add a flag and secondly i have 2 bases already of my own as exile only allows each players 2 bases so i am stuffed, thanks for merging my posts and thanks for the help, although like i said, my yard is too close to trader

I may have found the answer

// Maximum number of territories a player can own
    maximumNumberOfTerritoriesPerPlayer = 2;   change to 3

minimumDistanceToTraderZones = 1000        change to 200

then go to my initserver.sqf where i built the yard with gate and walls and for ease just delete the gate
    because i obviously wont be able to add a lock to a gate i have put there using m3editor
    then buy flag and make base level 10 for eg. alter date to 2018 then add my gate and lock to existing walls

would this work  ?

Advertisement