Sign in to follow this  
Shaded Bot

Heli Thermals

4 posts in this topic

I think  it would be beneficial if you got rid of thermal optics on Helis, There are people that are flying over 1k high and thermal pointing out things on the ground. The tactic seems to be a little over powered since you cant hear the heli that high at all and sometimes cant even see them. So I suggest it get removed from the server to lvl the field for the newer and not so set in players.

Its not really something Exile takes care of, thats more of the server owner of the server you play on that you should be suggesting that to. I know Exile has gotten rid of the thermals on Nightstalkers by default, so it depends on what heli you are talking about. Despite this I agree, thermals are OP as fuck, and any server that allows the attainment of thermals in an easy manner is a bad server in my opinion, although some may disagree.

Advertisement

In the server config you have the option.
        /**
         * Enables or disables thermal optics on ALL vehicles
         * 0 = off
         * 1 = on
         */
        thermalVision = 0;

You can also create a fail safe by creating a sqf file ExileServer_object_vehicle_carefulCreateVehicle.sqf

Under CfgExileCustomCode add
ExileServer_object_vehicle_carefulCreateVehicle = "addons\ExileServer_object_vehicle_carefulCreateVehicle.sqf";
and add _vehicleObject disableTIEquipment true; under _vehicleObject setDamage 0;

Advertisement