Euphoria

[Opinions/Discussion] Do these weapons and vehicles have a place in Exile?

12 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I'm curious of peoples opinions, between myself and my group of friends, some of us are torn on whether we think these items below have a place in Exile, or not. (This is Not a support question, I'm curious to others opinions and would like a discussion)

• Opinions, do you think weapons above 7.62 have a place within Exile? - Commonly known as the "OP" or "1 hit kill to the toe" weapons: (Navid, Lynx, Cyrus, .50 cal's, RHS M107... etc.) Do these weapons have a place, or maybe they do but definitely not in traders and only very rare finds on missions or radiation zones?
  • What about vehicles, jets, tanks... etc, also heavy armed/armoured vehicles like the HMG .50 cal Strider, and also gun ships like the Apache, Blackfoot, VTOLs... etc? Hell yes they should be in, or straight up No Frickin Way? Or do these types of vehicles have a place, but only if the weapons are disabled?
  • Are all of the above acceptable, but you personally wouldn't use them? Or would you just "Nope" straight out of an Exile server if you saw an Apache fly over or a tank roll past you??

As said, I'm just looking for peoples opinions and discussions on these items, as between myself and my group of friends, some of us are torn on whether we think these have a place in Exile, or not.

Look forward to hear what others thinks :)

Well, they dont belong because most of the things you mentioned aren't in by default anyways. Besides if someone doesnt like the OP weapons and vehicles then they can simply switch servers where the owner has a different customization in mind. There is a reason exile doesnt ban weapons or vehicles like old dayz mod did, admins are free to configure the servers how they want and if the server is good the players will come.

Advertisement

Against EVERY vehicle/weapons you have, there are counter tactic maneuvers, either deal with it and theservers that allow them, or find an Other server.

Edited by STONEY-DSP

Ok, I kind of get what you mean, but I was referring more to the feel and essence of Exile, what people look for and expect and don't expect within Exile and choosing it over A3 king of the hill or something else.

Cyrus 9.3, MAR-10 .338 M320.408LRR & the Lynx 12.7 are all in Exile by default anyways snd you can't get much overpowered than the last 2 so in terms of weapons abit of variety never hurt anyone (Personally a big fan of the M110 ( Mk11 mod 0, SR-25) whatever you want to call it :P

As for overpowered vehicles I think tbh I'm against them  (even though we have them in on our server ATM) Just think they heavily change the balance of equilibrium across a server on the whole (the gap from bambi - high tier is that much greater!)

depends on what you like to play.my servers are based on the idea of dayz overpoch where it was exactly like that:you spawn with nothing,loot,sell,repeat,buy stuff,build base,go pvp.to get new stuff that was destroyed in pvp actions you need to do the former again and loot/do missions.

the more important thing is not to have or not have specific stuff on your servers,it is to have a concept in mind and keep a balance

edit:says the guy with zero players as we speak so take that as my bare opinion lol

Edited by B.A.D.
grammar´ing
  • Like 2

My personal opinion is that the high end weapons should be very expensive and rare drops, I made the likes of the Navid and SPMG extremely expensive on my server for example with an 8x price increase for both the weapon and the ammo. By having one, you become a target.

Regarding things like tanks etc. it's up to the server owner to decide on the feel of the server but if they are going to add them in on a PvP server then I believe that AT weaponry should also be easily accessible unless the highly armoured vehicles are EXTREMELY expensive.

The way I tackled it on my server was to allow a selection of tanks (player base requested it) but also ensure almost all DMS missions have launchers and that you could buy launchers at the traders and ammo wasn't too expensive. That way, if people start buying them regularly, you will get the odd person rolling around with a launcher to deal with them. Most of my regulars have found that they can't keep a tank for too long but they are fun to muck around with.

Well they exist in the game but admins should filter them out for the sake of playability. I have only seen one server where f.e. all rifle suppressors are banned so players think twice if they want to announce themselves and not just be able to do silent kills at 1500m. Iirc handgun suppressors have been removed too but they aren't as game breaking. High caliber guns have a place too but should be limited via script. APCS. ..maybe but only a few hand selected ones..Tanks, attack helos? Why not play a wargame mode instead? So far almost every Exile server is Wasteland with zombies minus the base parts collectIng anyway...not much variety and far away from playing a person who has been sent to fight for survival. It's more like a warzone. 

• Like 1

Advertisement