MudBone

Exile Wasteland - aka The B@st@rd Child

40 posts in this topic

If this is not the proper thread for this discussion I apologize and will be happy to move it if needed.

With the announcement that Exile will support other mods on top of Exile I started playing around with the idea of turning Exile into an Exile/Wasteland Hybrid. Now before you rage at the idea please hear me out. I know this will not appeal to many of the diehard, grind it out, Exile faithful. Understood. In my groups case we opted to try hosting Exile at the Tanoa release instead of choosing to develop an A3Wasteland Tanoa server. It was fun and we populated it for a time but most players tire of collecting or collect everything and move on. For my own group we craved more PvP along with the survival aspects of the Exile mod. To that end, and because Exile can perform so much better than an A3 Wasteland mission, I have been working on an Exile/Wasteland Hybrid. Yes I realize this does not make my work a "Mod" persey...running on top of Exile but it is designed to be more than just a customized set of scripts and mods. In the end it must play like Wasteland AND Exile affording players a high PvP environment and also the opportunity to loot, collect, hoard, base build and raid.

To date I have the following:

Custom "Wasteland-like" mission file with no safe zone traders - traders spread across the map

• Map Markers to show when Armory/Specops traders are occupied
  • Magic Parachute (redeployable) available at any time
  • Respawn at base  - WIP buggy at the moment
  • All weapons and vehicles available via the traders
  • Lockers spread around the map to fascilitate deposits and withdrawals
  • Customized version of the ZCP capase system to act similar to the territory system in Wasteland. Players can cap areas for tabs and respect (No AI or bases). in some ways better than the Wasteland territory system because players can not farm money with this system.
  • Reworked ETG Helidrop and helicrash script which delivers valuable loot and rare items at random times and places across the map for a more dynamic environment.
  • Reworked / Customized DMS mission system to focus largely on armed vehicles, weapons and building supplies.
  • Custom configured Occupation addon which drops roaming AI to zero when player count hits a certain number
  • Lift/ Carry / Loading of crates into vehicles
  • Towing
  • Fast Revive
  • Rearm via purchased Ammo vehicles
  • Helidrop of vehicles and supplies thanks to Apoc
  • Territory Notifications turned off for bases
  • Dynamic Vehicle Spawn with Items in inventory - Thanks Crazy Mike and Riker2335

With all of this I have been able to maintain high server side and player side performance with excellent FPS thanks in large part to the Exile mod (which is well coded) and the DMS, Occupation and ZCP mods.

Things I'd like to add:

• Dynamic Money Missions - Convoys
  • Spawn Beacon System
  • Players classes (not sure if its possible or needed really but Wasteland is based upon two teams and independents)

Added suggestions:

• Dynamic Vehicle Spawn with Items in inventory

My goal is to get a good hybrid Exile/Wasteland mission / mod set that provides a best of both worlds experience while vastly improving the performance for the players when compared to the A3Wasteland mission. 

If you have thoughts, ideas or would like to work on this please let me know. Again, I know its not going to be everyone cup-o-tea but its my belief that anything that furthers and expands the Exile mod ultimately provides a better Arma3 gaming experience for everyone. I wouldn't mind seeing Wasteland play oh so much better in the Exile environment than it currently does as the bloated, sloppy, laggy mess it is now.

Github link: https://github.com/MudB0ne/ExileWasteland.Tanoa

PS. Please do not hijack this thread to rage about how Exile is not meant to be Wasteland. Please feel free to start your own thread if you wish to discuss that. Thanks.

Edited by MudBone
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

a script that adds random items to the random vehicles that spawn

Is this the script you're looking for?

I'd looked into that one previously for my own server :)

• Like 2

Advertisement

Personally feel that as this is an ad, it should be in the servers forum but, I'm not here to grief you.  I'll let the mods and you deal with that. 

Good luck with your project though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BaroN said:

Personally feel that as this is an ad, it should be in the servers forum but, I'm not here to grief you.  I'll let the mods and you deal with that. 

Good luck with your project though. 

Thats why I haven't posted our server IP and why I'll be focusing on the project, the features, the github link and trying to get other interested people involved. :)  esides I'm sure if it turned into an ad they would quickly move it to the appropriate place and let me know 0-o.

15 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

sounds like what i did i actually used a customizable base mod to make a customized mission, i.e dayz, compared to the shit other people making servers and failing to even edit config files just so they can be an admin, people dont realize exile isnt meant to be use "right out of the box" hence why it is so user friendly and easy to adjust LITERALLY anything that it is

good on you ill be following your progress :)

if i can find them i can forward you a few scripts on the forums here that can help you get closer to a wasteland feel, i saw somewhere in the release section a script that adds random items to the random vehicles that spawn which would definatly help players feel like wasteland, among other things

Added to the list.... thanks

Edited by MudBone

Any ideas on player classes and or teams? I'm not sure if they are really needed but Wasteland is  loosely defined at two teams and independents. 

Edited by MudBone

Yeah if a server IP gets posted. It's automatic deletion from us but discussions are always fine.

20 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

Is this the script you're looking for?

I'd looked into that one previously for my own server :)

Thanks Riker and Mike...

Added the script today and it works well. Much appreciated.

10 hours ago, MudBone said:

Any ideas on player classes and or teams? I'm not sure if they are really needed but Wasteland is  loosely defined at two teams and independents. 

Keep it as Exile is only make the Family an MUST for players that play 2gether.

IMO i never liked the Blufor & Redfor-side in Wasteland played Indy and than even there was a Group

Advertisement