iCEtIMed

A way of stopping players from joining if they dont have the right mods. A message to tell them which mods needed?

20 posts in this topic

HI people.

Does anyone know a way I can stop people from joining the server if they dont have the correct mods? Im using @mas and @NATO_Rus_Vehicle and it'd be great to have a message come up telling them what they need. Is that possible? Either befor they join, or stopped at the lobby and disconnected with a message?

I think I saw something about this, but I can't find it anywhere.

Cheers!

I would also like to know this, cause i have it listed in the server name saying MODS in capital letters but we still get people joining and disconnecting most likely cause they dont have the right mods. I also know when they try to join it pops up say you are missing such and such but most people dont read that cause they dont know what there look at.

Advertisement

I would also like to know this, cause i have it listed in the server name saying MODS in capital letters but we still get people joining and disconnecting most likely cause they dont have the right mods. I also know when they try to join it pops up say you are missing such and such but most people dont read that cause they dont know what there look at.

Nothing you can do, BIS need to fix this!

im having a hard time just finding the right mods just to get in a exile server so i decided to use frankies vid as a template on what mods to look for but either in not look on the right sites or stream or their are gone could use help finding them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCrEc8u6mpg

and yes i found servers that are set up this way

I think I may hae found the solution. Right under my nose in the end!

exile_server_config.pbo

config.cpp

around line 15

//edit

requiredAddons[] = {}; //to requiredAddons[] = {"YOUR MOD HERE"}; //checks players have the mod.

Remember not to put the @. - as in @ryanzombies, would be just "ryanzombies".

Hope this helps.

~ iCE

******* OK I JUST TRIED THIS AND IT DOESNT WORK - sorry guys. Atleast it doesnt with 2 mods

Edited by iCEtIMed
Not sure this works in teh end!

When you did the Mass install did you add anything to your Mission SQM? If no then check you RPT you have messages that are reading as a warning saying content has been deleted. At the end of that warning is a Mass classname. Add that classname off each of those warnings to the Addons section at the top of your Mission SQM. This will then require players to install Mass in order to join. Note you only need one entry of each so watch for duplicate warnings. If you need further help let me know.

We understand that is how to make it required but the thing we are talking about is that we all these potential players that connect don't have the required mods and disconnect right away. Now if there was a way that when they connect and before they get to the lobby if we could warn them that they need said mods installed before they can join this server.  I have it in my server name MOD but people don't read the server name and connect anyways.

You might be able to setup a bec kick msg to say something like check your mods or have it post a link to a website to download the right mods.  Am not fully sure but look at batteye and bec, as that is what is doing the kick. 

You might be able to setup a bec kick msg to say something like check your mods or have it post a link to a website to download the right mods.  Am not fully sure but look at batteye and bec, as that is what is doing the kick. 

Thanks, Ill look into it and post and solution I find.

so you cant just add AllInArmaTerrainPack to the mission sqm? 

lmao.  Joking right..  ya want to add a 7 gb download to your gaming server.  Ya know what kind of lag that would cause downloading a 7gb mission file.  Hahahahaa good joke bro.  

Edited by dobrowney
  • Like 2

Advertisement