Lamplighter

[SOLVED] Connection issues from website

12 posts in this topic

Connection Problems

We have not received any notifications of your server for more than a day. Your server might be offline or has technical problems.

Check our forums for help.

Server is running fine, the app is working fine.  i can broadcast messages.  payment notifications are coming through fine.

server query fines the server with no problem.

Should i be worried about this error on the mobile site?

Lamp.

Actually this is showing for me aswel. was working all fine and dandy until the update

getting this in the logs:

21:38:53 "ExileServer - XM8 mesage sent: {""r"":[""xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"",""xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx""],""m"":""flag-restored"",""t"":""Potato Plantation""} ([1, 'Cannot open config file'])"

(I've taken uid's out)

Does the XM8.dll access the server config files that we know of?

BTW my players are  telling me they are not getting notifications anymore for stolen flags and protection payments, and I can confirm this.

Edited by wilderness

Advertisement

@Eichi

You saw this?

Yes indeed that is actually taken from my server log (cut and pasted here) exactly as it appears(uid's removed), that's why I'm asking if it accesses any server config files, which ones and what location is it looking for them in?

Edited by wilderness

I do not know the internals of our .dll very well, but could it be that you are running Linux and the user that executes the Arma server does not have permission to read it?

@Eichi

it be that you are running Linux

No its a windows server, however when exile and arma3 updated we switched our server over to the GTX G2 admin system, to test it's features and give feed back before public release, Rui has said the file structure is slightly different than what is was before, they've gone to a more default file structure.

It would be handy to know what it's looking for and where, then we could at least rule out the file structure over at GTX.

config.cfg and basic.cfg on the old server was in folder Arma3Config, they are  now inside @ExileServer on the G2 system.

@Eichi

I believe with "config" the key file is meant?

Ah ok I will try re-downloading the key file, and reupload it to the server and see if that sorts the problem out, I'll let you know what happens.

Edited by wilderness

@Eichi

Ah ok I will try re-downloading the key file, and reupload it to the server and see if that sorts the problem out, I'll let you know what happens.

Ok re-downloaded the key file, unblocked it, uploaded it, waited for a server restart, paid protection and got exactly the same in the log as shown above, no message came through to my mobile and exile server console is showing connection problems again.

I think this problem started after the update if I'm being honest, I thought the G2 system could be the problem but if others are reporting the same, I don't know what's going on here.

@Grim any ideas buddy?

Edited by wilderness

@Eichi I think I may have found the issue, but not going to be able to test until later.

Basically when I updated our server I re-downloaded the ExileXM8Key.cfg for some reason it saved as:

ExileXM8Key .cfg

note the space between the "y" and "."!

so I've taken the space out and re-uploaded, unfortunately I can't get on the server until this evening to test it, but I'll let you know what happens.

Advertisement