bajaboggs

$$ customize my server $$ please

18 posts in this topic

I am looking for someone to go in and configure my server.  I bought a server at "Host Havoc."  It is my own dedicated Exile Server.  All of the needed files are in there, but I don't know how to set it up with the things I want added, so that when I log in and play I see the correct map and other goodies.

Tanoa Map
Trader Spawns
Start with two instadocs 
Armed Heli's
Missions that pop up

Thanks,

Advertisement

You can learn to do it yourself. No point owning a server and not knowing how to change anything on it:

Most of the base Exile configuration is done in 2 files: exile_server_config\config.cpp and Exile.Tanoa\config.cpp

• Like 2

I really wish people would stop renting servers before they have any clue about setting one up.

Set up a test server on your own PC and try to get it working.

If you can't manage to do that with all the help that is on these forums then you maybe need to accept running a server isn't for you and just find one of the servers that are already out there and play on it.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, second_coming said:

If you can't manage to do that with all the help that is on these forums then you maybe need to accept running a server isn't for you and just find one of the servers that are already out there and play on it.

Perfectly said

I find amazing that some of you are so judgemental.  What is wrong with offering to PAY for a service?  I don't have as much TIME as I have MONEY.  I want my own server, and I'm willing to pay. 

Having said that, I would also pay for some help learning how to use CBO manager.  I have the app and did some of my own customizing and I'm having some trouble re packing the CBO.

Edited by bajaboggs

offering money in this case istn the best option... 

why dont u just ask for help, if u would take a look at the decent forums, u could see, that help is allways for free... arma is a bitch and evey1 needs help sometimes... every1 started from the scratch, but learning by doing ist the best way to REALLY understand what u want to do.

Just a lil reminder, if u offer acces to ur server to people, that u dont even know, there is allways a kind of back door to hack or "enter" ur server and u wont even notice. Get some knowledge first, how do u wanne control what "these guys" ar doing??

so, lets make a long story short, no knowledge, no server...

That makes sense.  I see your point.  However, aren't people here often RENTING servers from providers?  While I can see your logic, it is also a little like the old saying, "The pot calling the kettle black."
  (unless you are hosting the server on your own home machine)

Advertisement