Sign in to follow this  
Quigsy

Performance problems

Question

So no matter what I do, I always get 20 fps or lower when I play Exile. When I play Arma 3 normally or on other mods I get 60 frames, but Exile seems to just fuck me up. Im running a GeForce GTX 970, Dual Intel Xeon X5670, 18 GB of ram. I don't know any other stats since I don't really know how to check and I didn't build it. So any tips would be amazing, thank you!

3 answers to this question

Most likely the server you are playing on. A lot of admins have no idea what they are doing and just put mod after mod on the server not knowing how taxing bad implementation can be on performance. If the server is running zombies it's even worse. My admin is currently looking how to limit their numbers after he found out it almost kills half the server fps when there are too many around. 

15 hours ago, Enforcer1975 said:

Most likely the server you are playing on. A lot of admins have no idea what they are doing and just put mod after mod on the server not knowing how taxing bad implementation can be on performance. If the server is running zombies it's even worse. My admin is currently looking how to limit their numbers after he found out it almost kills half the server fps when there are too many around. 

Yeah the server Im on has zombies, let me know your server if it doesn't lag as bad, I'd love to play on it.

Look on the servers list at the top of the forum. Find a server only running Altis with no zombies or AI. Connect there and see how it is. If your FPS is still low, it's probably something on your end. That CPU is pretty old, though, and maybe it just can't handle Arma 3? I switched from an 8 core AMD processor to an Intel i5 4690 quad core and the difference is night and day. My FPS more than doubled.

Advertisement