Joo

DMS Spawns in with AI shooting eachother

18 posts in this topic

Seems to be happening frequently, where a mission will spawn and the AI shoot each other in the beginning. See a lot of a missions with 1 AI left, anyone experiencing this or did and found the fix?

Advertisement
21 hours ago, TheRagingMick said:

I've had players reporting this is happening on my server as well. I have not a clue why it started as I haven't changed anything in DMS other than the parameters regarding the AI difficulty.

This happens in A2 as well. It's usually something to do with slight lag with the unit joining a group. I usually spawn AI in and disable damage until completely finished with the setup on the unit. This usually fixes the problem with AI shooting each other.

Well, I had it stop pretty much since I changed back to default uniform settings.

So here's the logic (according to my hypothesis):

1. AI has a side (ie. EAST). It uses that side alignment to a point.

2. AI shoots all enemies of EAST, as long as those enemies wear the appropriate uniforms that identify with the opposing faction.

3. So for example, if you give your AI OpFor-uniforms, they will treat other AI with OpFor-uniforms as friends

4. However, if you give your EAST-aligned AI traditionally Allied forces-uniforms, they will treat the ones wearing those uniforms as hostile, even within the same group.

For example, I changed all my uniforms to Gendarmerie-uniforms, as those kinda looked like police uniforms.

Immediately when DMS-missions spawned, the AI would start shooting each other.

Reversed it back to traditional OpFor-uniforms. AI no longer shot at each other.

It's not built on solid ground yet, but when I tested it, the hypothesis held.

3 hours ago, Tobias Solem said:

Well, I had it stop pretty much since I changed back to default uniform settings.

2. AI shoots all enemies of EAST, as long as those enemies wear the appropriate uniforms that identify with the opposing faction.

3. So for example, if you give your AI OpFor-uniforms, they will treat other AI with OpFor-uniforms as friends

4. However, if you give your EAST-aligned AI traditionally Allied forces-uniforms, they will treat the ones wearing those uniforms as hostile, even within the same group.

For example, I changed all my uniforms to Gendarmerie-uniforms, as those kinda looked like police uniforms.

Reversed it back to traditional OpFor-uniforms. AI no longer shot at each other.

Thank you @Tobias Solem for the feedback, will double check the uniforms when we get the chance and if not set right will correct and will post back if it seems to work.

10 hours ago, Tobias Solem said:

I'll check into this as well. I didn't change anything with the uniforms but it might lead me to discover something I may have borked.

12 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

This happens in A2 as well. It's usually something to do with slight lag with the unit joining a group. I usually spawn AI in and disable damage until completely finished with the setup on the unit. This usually fixes the problem with AI shooting each other.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this is a setting in DMS? I'm not sure if I remember coming across it.

15 hours ago, TheRagingMick said:

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this is a setting in DMS? I'm not sure if I remember coming across it.

No I just changed the code to disable/enable damage on the units when creating them.

Advertisement