canuckbrian

Help With Heli Reinforcements

15 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've been working on building a custom occupation mission for my Tanoa and Esseker servers. I have the missions spawning and working, however when it goes to call in the heli reinforcements I get an error message and I'm a little lost at what to do to resolve it.

Reinforcements Code:

Spoiler

_groupReinforcementsInfo =
[
	[
		_group,			// Group to monitor
		[
			[
				0,		// Let's limit number of units instead...
			],
			[
				_AIMaxReinforcements,	// Maximum units that can be given as reinforcements (defined in difficulty selection).
			]
		],
		[
			_AIdelay,		// The delay between reinforcements. >> you can change this in difficulty settings
			diag_tickTime
		],
		_pos,
		"random",
		_difficulty,
		_side,

"heli_troopers",
		[
			_AItrigger,				// SCALAR: If the AI Group has fewer than "_AICount" living units, then the group will receive reinforcements.
			true,					// BOOLEAN: Whether or not to eject Fire-From-Vehicle (FFV) gunners.
			_AIwave,				// SCALAR: Maximum number of AI to eject from the aircraft. Set to a really high # to ignore (like 999).
			false,					// BOOLEAN: Whether or not to keep the heli flying around as a gunship.
			_pos					// OBJECT or ARRAY (OPTIONAL - Position2D or 3D): The location to drop the reinforcements at. The drop point will default to the group leader
		]
	]
];

Error Message:

Spoiler

15:22:46 Error in expression <le ["DMS_AssignedVeh",_heli];
};

_unit moveInTurret [_heli, _x];
};

case "carg>
15:22:46   Error position: <moveInTurret [_heli, _x];
};

case "carg>
15:22:46   Error Type Object, expected Number
15:22:46 File x\addons\dms\scripts\fn_SpawnHeliReinforcement.sqf, line 134
15:22:46 "DMS_DEBUG :: SpawnHeliReinforcement :: Created a bandit heli (Exile_Chopper_Hellcat_Green) with 8 crew members at [6776.33,966.725,500] with hardcore difficulty to group O Alpha 1-2, going to [1120.24,10279.4,0]. Units: [O Alpha 1-2:1,O Alpha 1-2:2,O Alpha 1-2:3,O Alpha 1-2:4,O Alpha 1-2:5,O Alpha 1-2:6,O Alpha 1-2:8,O Alpha 1-2:10] |::|::| (DMS_Version: "September 5, 2016" | time: 528.127 | diag_tickTime: 555.485 | 48.048 FPS)"
15:22:46 Error in expression <cle (%3) as reinforcements.", _AIGroup, typeOf _heliClass, _heli]) call DMS_fnc_>
15:22:46   Error position: <typeOf _heliClass, _heli]) call DMS_fnc_>
15:22:46   Error typeof: Type String, expected Object
15:22:46 File x\addons\dms\scripts\fn_GroupReinforcementsManager.sqf, line 545
15:22:46 Error in expression <cle (%3) as reinforcements.", _AIGroup, typeOf _heliClass, _heli]) call DMS_fnc_>
15:22:46   Error position: <typeOf _heliClass, _heli]) call DMS_fnc_>
15:22:46   Error Generic error in expression
15:22:46 File x\addons\dms\scripts\fn_GroupReinforcementsManager.sqf, line 545

Any help would be appreciated!

Still can't seem to figure this out. I narrowed it down to just using 2 heli's. The Mohawk and the Huron. That seems to have gotten rid of the error message regarding line 134 of "fn_SpawnHeliReinforcement.sqf", but I'm still getting this other errorl

Spoiler

22:08:21 "DMS_DEBUG :: SpawnHeliReinforcement :: Created a bandit heli (Exile_Chopper_Mohawk_FIA) with 18 crew members at [10365.6,12420.1,500] with hardcore difficulty to group O Alpha 1-2, going to [1120.24,10279.4,0]. Units: [O Alpha 1-2:1,O Alpha 1-2:2,O Alpha 1-2:3,O Alpha 1-2:4,O Alpha 1-2:5,O Alpha 1-2:7,O Alpha 1-2:9,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>] |::|::| (DMS_Version: "September 5, 2016" | time: 542.745 | diag_tickTime: 570.464 | 48.1928 FPS)"
22:08:21 Error in expression <cle (%3) as reinforcements.", _AIGroup, typeOf _heliClass, _heli]) call DMS_fnc_>
22:08:21   Error position: <typeOf _heliClass, _heli]) call DMS_fnc_>
22:08:21   Error typeof: Type String, expected Object
22:08:21 File x\addons\dms\scripts\fn_GroupReinforcementsManager.sqf, line 545
22:08:21 Error in expression <cle (%3) as reinforcements.", _AIGroup, typeOf _heliClass, _heli]) call DMS_fnc_>
22:08:21   Error position: <typeOf _heliClass, _heli]) call DMS_fnc_>
22:08:21   Error Generic error in expression
22:08:21 File x\addons\dms\scripts\fn_GroupReinforcementsManager.sqf, line 545

In game, the heli's spawn, but they're unpredictable and seem to travel very slowly. They'll fly over the mission eventually and a bunch of AI will parachute out, then for some reason the heli lands and just sits there with rotor's spun up, but nothing happens after that. When I kill all the AI the mission won't end.

Advertisement

hI @canuckbrian

Just wondering if you ever got reinforcements working?

I get errors trying this:

Spoiler

// Define the group reinforcements

[
    [
        _group,                                // pass the group
        [
            [
                _AIMaxReinforcementsWaves,        // Amount of reinfocements waves (defined in difficulty selection).
            ],
            [
                _AIMaxReinforcements,            // Maximum units that can be given as reinforcements (defined in difficulty selection).
            ]
        ],
        [
            _AIdelay,                            // The delay between reinforcements. >> you can change this in difficulty settings
            diag_tickTime
        ],
        _AISoldierSpawnLocationsHeli,
        "random",
        _difficulty,
        "bandit",
        "heli_troopers",                                // STRING: How the AI group should be managed. Supported types: "playernear", "maintain", "reinforce", "increasing_resistance", "armed_vehicle"
        [
            3,                                            // SCALAR: If the AI Group has fewer than "_AICount" living units, then the group will receive reinforcements.
            "false",                                       // BOOLEAN: Whether or not to eject Fire-From-Vehicle (FFV) gunners.
            5,                                            // SCALAR: Maximum number of AI to eject from the aircraft. Set to a really high # to ignore (like 999).
            "false",                                       // BOOLEAN: Whether or not to keep the heli flying around as a gunship.
            _pos,                                        // OBJECT or ARRAY (OPTIONAL - Position2D or 3D): The location to drop the reinforcements at. The drop point will default to the group leader.
            "Exile_Chopper_Huron_Black"             // STRING (OPTIONAL): The classname of the heli to spawn.
        ]
    ]
];   

(make sure you call the reinforcements at the top)

private ["_AIMaxReinforcements", "_AIMaxReinforcementsWaves", "_AIdelay",

and this underneath it:

_AIMaxReinforcementsWaves = 1;
_AIMaxReinforcements = 5;
_AIdelay = 10;

cheers

Edited by aussie battler

I got it going. I had to have the heli not remain as a gunship and drop the gunners out.

Spoiler

//heli reinforcements
_group =
[
    _pos,
    "random",
    "random",
    "bandit"
] call DMS_fnc_SpawnAIGroup;
[
    _group,
    "random",
    "difficult",
    "bandit",
    _pos,
    true,
    false,
    "Exile_Chopper_Huey_Armed_Green"
] call DMS_fnc_SpawnHeliReinforcement;

Edited by aussie battler

Hello 

Getting the following error 

Spoiler

16:53:17 Error in expression <alid parameters: %1",_this];
};

if (isNull _AIGroup) exitWith
{
diag_log for>
16:53:17   Error position: <isNull _AIGroup) exitWith
{
diag_log for>
16:53:17   Error isnull: Type Array, expected Object,Group,Script,Config entry,Display (dialog),Control,Network Object,Task,Location
16:53:17 File \x\addons\dms\scripts\fn_SpawnHeliReinforcement.sqf [DMS_fnc_SpawnHeliReinforcement], line 41

Here is my script in the misison

Spoiler

// Set AIReinforcement Parameters
_AIMaxReinforcementsWaves = 3;
_AIMaxReinforcements = 6;
_AIdelay = 10;

// heli reinforcements

[
    [
        _group,                                    // group to monitor
        [
            [
                _AIMaxReinforcementsWaves,        // Amount of reinfocements waves (defined in difficulty selection).
            ],
            [
                _AIMaxReinforcements,            // Maximum units that can be given as reinforcements (defined in difficulty selection).
            ]
        ],
        [
            _AIdelay,                            // The delay between reinforcements. >> you can change this in difficulty settings
            diag_tickTime
        ],
        _pos,                                    // _AISoldierSpawnLocationsHeli
        "random",
        _difficulty,
        "bandit",

"heli_troopers",                                // STRING: How the AI group should be managed. Supported types: "playernear", "maintain", "reinforce", "increasing_resistance", "armed_vehicle"
        [
            5,                                          // SCALAR: If the AI Group has fewer than "_AICount" living units, then the group will receive reinforcements.
            "true",                                     // BOOLEAN: Whether or not to eject Fire-From-Vehicle (FFV) gunners.
            6,                                          // SCALAR: Maximum number of AI to eject from the aircraft. Set to a really high # to ignore (like 999).
            "false",                                    // BOOLEAN: Whether or not to keep the heli flying around as a gunship.
            _pos,                                       // OBJECT or ARRAY (OPTIONAL - Position2D or 3D): The location to drop the reinforcements at. The drop point will default to the group leader.
            "Exile_Chopper_Huey_Armed_Green"               // STRING (OPTIONAL): The classname of the heli to spawn.
        ]
    ]

Edited by LOGAN_

@LOGAN_ drop this in your bandit mission:

Spoiler

//heli reinforcements
_group =
[
    _pos,
    "random",
    "random",
    "bandit"
[
    _group,
    "random",
    "difficult",
    "bandit",
    _pos,
    true,
    false,
    "Exile_Chopper_Huron_Black"

Here is what it all means:

Spoiler

[
        _AIGroup,                       // GROUP: The group to which the heli will be assigned.
        _class,                         // STRING: The class of AI to spawn in the heli.
        _difficulty,                    // STRING: The difficulty of the AI to spawn in the heli.
        _side,                          // STRING: The "side" that the AI are on.
        _dropPoint,                     // OBJECT or ARRAY (Position2D or 3D): The location to drop the reinforcements at.
        _ejectFFVGunners,               // BOOLEAN: Whether or not to eject Fire-From-Vehicle (FFV) gunners.
        _maxJumpers,                    // SCALAR: Maximum number of AI to eject from the aircraft. Set to a really high # to ignore (like 999).
        _remainAsGunship,               // BOOLEAN: Whether or not to keep the heli flying around as a gunship.
        _heliClass,                     // STRING (OPTIONAL): The classname of the heli to spawn.
        _spawnPos                       // ARRAY (OPTIONAL - Position2D or 3D): The position for the heli to spawn at.

I took the code from the Great @eraser1

Edited by aussie battler

@aussie battler I need a hand understanding where to put this. I thought it would just go straight underneath the section starting with _groupreinforcementsinfo but after reading a bit more both on this thread and also the DMS one I suspect not.

I am trying to use this in a static mission based upon secondcoming's occupation static missions where 4 groups of AI are loaded in and placed in a town. I currently have the standard ground-based reinforcements spawning in but I kinda hate them and really want to swap that over to a single heli with half a dozen guys or so. Just not sure how.

I've tried pasting the code you provided above straight into the static mission as-is but it throws an error:

Spoiler

21:14:57 Error in expression <

_pos,
"random",
"random",
"bandit"
[
_group,
">
21:14:57   Error position: <] call DMS_fnc_SpawnAIGroup;
[
_group,
">
21:14:57   Error Missing ;
21:14:57 File x\addons\DMS\missions\static\Abramia_Saira_Occupation.sqf, line 659
21:14:57 Error in expression <

_pos,
"random",
"random",
"bandit"
[
_group,
">
21:14:57   Error position: <] call DMS_fnc_SpawnAIGroup;
[
_group,
">
21:14:57   Error Missing ;
21:14:57 File x\addons\DMS\missions\static\Abramia_Saira_Occupation.sqf, line 659

And this is the code I have around that location;

Spoiler

[
    [
        _group,            // pass the group
        [
            [
                0,        // Let's limit number of units instead...
            ],
            [
                _AIMaxReinforcements,    // Maximum units that can be given as reinforcements (defined in difficulty selection).
            ]
        ],
        [
            _AIdelay,        // The delay between reinforcements. >> you can change this in difficulty settings
            diag_tickTime
        ],
        _AISoldierSpawnLocations,
        "random",
        _difficulty,
        _side,
        "reinforce",
        [
            _AItrigger,        // Set in difficulty select - Reinforcements will only trigger if there's fewer than X members left
            _AIwave            // X reinforcement units per wave. >> you can change this in mission difficulty section
        ]
    ]
];

// Heli Reinforcements
    _pos,
    "random",
    "random",
    "bandit"

[
    _group,
    "random",
    "difficult",
    "bandit",
    _pos,
    true,
   false,
    "Exile_Chopper_Huey_Armed_Green"

Line 659 is the "call DMS_fnc_SpawnAIGroup;" line incidentally.

I'm guessing I'm just doing something stupid but would appreciate any advice, even if it's "buggered if I know!"  :) 

More than happy to paste the whole mission file if you think that'll help, just let me know and I'll pop it up on my Github. It'll ultimately be released to the community anyway.....

@Riker2335

My mistake, I was missing the top bit of the heli reinforcement code.

Here is how to fix it:

Static Missions -

* Change the heli reinforcement section to this (change the position to where you want drop off or landing):

Spoiler

//heli reinforcements
_pos = [5083.1,2289.89,0]; //change this position to your mission dropoff
[
    _pos,
    "random",
    "random",
    "bandit"
[
    _group,
    "random",
    "difficult",
    "bandit",
    _pos,
    true,
    false,
    "Exile_Chopper_Huron_Black"

You can add a helipad to the mission & sometimes the heli will land on it.

Bandit Missions -

* Delete all the group reinforcement info & just paste in the heli reinforcement call. The number 5 represents the number of jumpers anyway.

Delete this shit:

Spoiler

[
    [
        _group,            // pass the group
        [
            [
                0,        // Let's limit number of units instead...
            ],
            [
                _AIMaxReinforcements,    // Maximum units that can be given as reinforcements (defined in difficulty selection).
            ]
        ],
        [
            _AIdelay,        // The delay between reinforcements. >> you can change this in difficulty settings
            diag_tickTime
        ],
        _AISoldierSpawnLocations,
        "random",
        _difficulty,
        _side,
        "reinforce",
        [
            _AItrigger,        // Set in difficulty select - Reinforcements will only trigger if there's fewer than X members left
            _AIwave            // X reinforcement units per wave. >> you can change this in mission difficulty section
        ]
    ]
];

Just paste this in:

Spoiler

//heli reinforcements
_group =
[
    _pos,
    "random",
    "random",
    "bandit"