Snakeyes

AV Camera feed for the UAV (Darter)

13 posts in this topic

Will this work in Exile? I have been trying to use the Darter quad copter UAV for some Recon, but we don't seem to be able to get the AV Camera feed to work correctly. The PIP would not work at all.

I believe it may be down to the server owner, contact them and ask if they've disabled it, if they're unsure politely ask them to check and add it if it's not allowed. 

Musn't forget pleeeeease and thank yous B|

Advertisement

I am the server owner. I looked through the Exile server config file and did not find any option to toggle the AV live feed on or off. To verify my game set up I unload the Exile mod and restart ArmA 3, Then I start the Eden editor. From there I select the UAV operator and place him on the map, With the UAV assembled on the ground I can start the AV live feed by double tapping the TAB key (default binding). The player can release control of the UAV and have the AV live feed in PIP while playing. I'm not sure why I cannot get it to work with the Exile mod. I have watched a few YouTube videos where they are using this feature with Exile.  I am perplexed.

Just came here to ask this same question so I will add to this thread.

A player on my server asked for this functionality and I don't know how to enable it either.  If anyone could help out it would be much appreciated.

This video (around 3:50) shows the functionality:

Cheers!

Hi MojoFlow,

I'm getting ready to start a new server in the next few days. Before any add-ons are installed the first thing I'm going to do is spawn in a Darter and see if the AV live feed will work. If it does I'll begin to install the add-ons one at a time and test it afterwards to ensure that the AV live feed is still working. Obviously this has been working recently with the Exile mod.  I'm using the Tanoa map which has lots of foliage. The AV live feed with the PIP running will help me keep an eye on the zombies while I'm looting. Otherwise, the runners can be on a player in a matter of seconds.

Edited by Snakeyes1

@MojoFlow

It won't work on my new server either. Perhaps the Exile mod blocked this function in an update? The YT video we watched where it is working indicates an Arma 3 version of 1.56. That was awhile ago. There have been several updates since then.

Got the AV feed working... :) Only stumbled on this because of the 8G bullet cam not working. You need to enable PIP under video settings and I also have this in the description.ext  showUAVFeed = 1;

• Like 1

Advertisement