vikman100

Possibly add Barricading or Farming into exile?

Barricading or Farming? (Read Desc first)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Barricading or Farming?

• vote Barricading?
    • vote Farming?

14 posts in this topic

Well this is just to suggest two features which i kinda wanted into exile which would make it more greater, i will explain the features/ideas i wanted with these two systems below:

Barricading: will work like you add an wooden board or planks to an window and hammer it onto the window with nails, this will make the normal building on the map more useable and also make exile buildings be more secure on the windows. it could also possibly be added to doors aswell as an way to lock the door for people to easily get get in.

Farming: i was thinking that farming would be something interesting for more trading (for exsample: player to player or by ai traders) or to keep food for yourself to survive. but how it is gonna work is by placing the crops eaither on good enough soil or in pots in bases and you gotta keep the plants in good condition by eaither watering it or removing unessesary weed.

(btw all these suggestions is because i play alot of zombie exile which propaly makes more sense to add these to exile)

8 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

farming because why barricade a widow when the entire house can be blown up with a satchel charge...?

Reinforce all walls and doorways with exisiting Exile baseparts, they can often be hidden just behind a wall giving you the freedom to build inside, without a high risk of someone using a satchel to breach 

Advertisement

There's no point in adding barricading options when a potential earthquake has the chance to destroy the building you based in (yay 1.0.1 updates :/).

I would love to have fishing, or some other way of obtaining food besides canned/dry foods and drinks.

On 11/09/2016 at 2:35 PM, Crazy Mike said:

at that point you may aswell have a script that lets you scroll on objects, specifically enterable houses to "reinforce" it so it can't be blown up with a single satchel

But then that's asking for more scripts to be run on the server, which may damage the performance of the server, and would take time to do, vs reinforcing it yourself with wood to prevent entering without blowing walls apart 

Individual wooden walls apart

Edited by Major Mittens.
Individual wooden walls apart

Just now, Crazy Mike said:

yea but you can just reinforce with the regular wooden walls right now infront of a window and if you sink it into the wall you'll only see the part inside the window, thus "reinforcing" the window and wall at the same time, not to mention it makes your wooden wall impossible to plant a charge on unless they blow the building up anyway

Which was the point, sink it into the wall to where it cannot be seen on the other side, or in unless the walls are super thin, I was making a solution to the fact if you board only the doors the house can be blown to bit to enter, yet if the house walls have exile baseparts to reinforce them there's no chance unless they breach the wooden walls with breaching charges

1 minute ago, Crazy Mike said:

yea reguardless, i currently dont enjoy the base building to base raiding ratio atm, ive played too much ark and rust where your only allowed to snap build compared to how open arma building is, all the way back to oldschool epoch, although their base raiding was like how exiles used to be, i didnt play much exile then or invest time into understanding much of it

I play Ark, at the moment, I enjoy the base building but it's not as free as I'd like it, I love Arma base building because you have the freedom to build anywhere, on anything, and virtually as high as you could want. 

I have built several bases on Ark but none have ever looked as good as my one on Arma or as camoflaged.

I've played the Forest too and the base building is very free like Arma and the bases I have built on there are worth of an award. 

I think Armas "free to build anywhere" attitude is amazing, gives you real control on where you can base, how you can reinforce it, how smart it can look.

The base raiding currently is an issue, as if you build a sky high base you can remove a few keypeices needed to get up there, reinforce the walls with several single walls to the point where it's like a damn fortress if you've got a huge hard on to never loose your stuff unless you only have a single door. 

I like the base raiding idea, not quite how it's executed though, I have died countless times trying to plant charges on the wall only to die and get sent flying because of Infistar accusing me of glitching into it while planting and killing me because of it. 

1 minute ago, Crazy Mike said:

yea im only conflicted because of how free arma building is, but how restrictive the raiding is, ive been looking around to edit the delayedactions but ive missed it for nearly all day yesterday >.< explosives are near impossible to find on my server so i kinda need to decrease that duration as the bombs themselves are the hard part, not planting them haha

It heavily depends on the server, some will spawn charges like the Prisoner Magazines, some will only spawn them in the radiation zone, or some sell them for as cheap as a weapon and 10-15 mags of ammo! the respect is always the hard part

6 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

yea i can 100% see why they left it out of any easy to edit config files for those shitty op servers, although it sucks when idiots like me try to mess with it to balance their servers haha

I came back to see you changed your profile picture, the old one was less scarier ;D

Advertisement