kidesh

server crashing

Question

Hi,

I have been getting a lot o server crashes lately. 

Getting this at my last server crash:

22:43:27 Server: Object 2:16061 not found (message Type_121)
22:43:28 Server: Object 2:10944 not found (message Type_121)
22:43:28 Server: Object 2:15103 not found (message Type_121)
22:43:28 Server: Object 2:14692 not found (message Type_93)
22:43:28 Server: Object 2:7212 not found (message Type_93)
22:43:28 Server: Object 2:7211 not found (message Type_93)
22:43:28 Server: Object 2:15120 not found (message Type_121)

any Ideas? 

16 answers to this question

0:10:36 Server: Object 2:4589 not found (message Type_93)
 0:10:36 Server: Object 2:3932 not found (message Type_121)

My server is also crashing with the same rpt spam. This seems to be an issue with DMS AI's being offloaded to clients :(

Advertisement

This happens on my server time to time, and is usually caused my dms/occupation(at least on my end). But it has never crashed my server, only giving me mb size rtp's at times. 

I'm not exactly sure what I did but I tweaked a lot of settings in both Dms and occupation  to unload and preserve server fps and within that I made that error disappear from my logs for the 'most' part, still some rare occasions where I see 2-3 lines, and not 250+ llines as before.

Edited by ImThatGuyM8

After yesterday's update my server has crashed 4 times. All times have been under heavy load. 35+ players. Usually crashes within the first hour of uptime. It seems that if it makes it past the first hour under load then it'll last the full 4h cycle.

I'm testing with the Perf build 0 that Dwarden released yesterday. I'll see if that helps. Thankfully players have been understanding so far.

On 9/23/2016 at 11:58 AM, canuckbrian said:

After yesterday's update my server has crashed 4 times. All times have been under heavy load. 35+ players. Usually crashes within the first hour of uptime. It seems that if it makes it past the first hour under load then it'll last the full 4h cycle.

I'm testing with the Perf build 0 that Dwarden released yesterday. I'll see if that helps. Thankfully players have been understanding so far.

Canuckbrian, how is the testing going? what did you find out?

Using the latest perf build has helped a bit. But I'm still experiencing crashes under high load. 35+ players and it becomes unstable. I found that turning off DMS AI Offloading and freezing helped. But I still get at least one crash per 3-4 days. Prior to the 1.64 update I had no crashes. 

Edited by canuckbrian

1 hour ago, canuckbrian said:

Using the latest perf build has helped a bit. But I'm still experiencing crashes under high load. 35+ players and it becomes unstable. I found that turning off DMS AI Offloading and freezing helped. But I still get at least one crash per 3-4 days. Prior to the 1.64 update I had no crashes. 

ok, thanks for the update. We had 0 crashes before the update as well. both my Tanoa and Esseker servers are doing the same thing. they are on different hosts, so I don't think its my programming.. :(

So just to be clear, and this is the annoying part, my server's aren't crashing completely. What's actually happening is under high load (35+ players / 70+ AI) the arma3server.exe process stops utilizing multiple cores in the CPU and instead offloads everything to a single core.

When this happens, the server is still working, responding to queries, but everything in game stops working. Any actions, player updates, etc. I can move around normally, but other players appear "frozen" in place performing whatever animation they were at the time the "crash" happened. There's no hint in the server RPT files as to why this happens either. Only way to fix it is restart the server. This happened again for me last night on my Esseker server.

A new server perf build was released last night by Dwarden. I've loaded that on my servers and testing it out today. Will report back.

I have been experiencing the same scenario the last few days. No load, the server seem to run fine, and not crash, with a player load, it will crash and sometimes within a hour of restart. What we notice is that players and admin can't remove items from containers, safes, storage items and a like. If you drop the item to the ground, you may be able to pick it up, but you cant place items from inventory, back into the crates, safes, etc. This is when we know that the server is crashing, per say. The vehicles tend to save positions, but players may respawn on restart hours back before where they logged out.

I can also tell there is something going down around this same time, because Infistar will not pull information from vehicles, and storage crate with shift + I to get eh information. Restart server, and things may be fine for 5 minutes, or 3 hours..

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated on what to try. I turned off DMS AI offloading to reduce the serve object not found spam that was forever and a day long in the rpt, slowed it down, but did not remove it.

We are running DMS, A3 occupation, VEMF, enigma Revive, and The Ex AD package... We also run CUP units, weapons, vehicles, HVP, EXT base mod, CBA_A3

Advertisement