Sign in to follow this  
FluffyBunnyFee

The no damage axe

10 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but the axe does no damage when striking a player with it. I used to love being able to sneak up on a sniper in the woods camping a mission and lumberjacking him while he was too busy looking through his optic to notice me....is the axe ever going to do damage again? I miss my humiliation kills......

Edited by FluffyBunnyFee
  • Like 1

Advertisement
2 hours ago, Warsheep said:

axe shovel and sledge hammer dosnt do damage. 
idk if it will be enabled in any update.

do this to  ask a devoloper forum ;)

For me the axe is dealing damage but only in a very very small hitbox.

I have played across multiple servers, and have yet to find one where any of these items do damage.   Though it was pretty hilarious to watch an admin set up a lumberjack event and totally ignore me telling him they don't do damage........20 guys hacking away at each other for nothing.  Quite entertaining. 

1 hour ago, TheSh1tGamer said:

I killed a AI with a axe once :)   he was glitching through a door, so couldn't shoot me :

1 hour ago, TheSh1tGamer said:

Yeah, it used to work, until about 2 updates ago.  Now it is useless (aside from the whole chopping wood thing LOL).

i haven't even tested the axe after they didn't do any damage at all. Although it used to be fun to Humiliate some1 with the axe kills.

Dang i mis those moments that i had an axe only and hear 1 running in the building i'm looting and he walks in checks gear..........Dang i miss those moments

Yea it would be nice to have a better hitbox, but honestly my biggest pet peeve with it is I cant really run well with it, so by the time I get near a person whose sitting still he hears my footsteps and kills me, I dont know maybe im just trash.

• Like 1

I'd like to see axes actually be useful in PvP. They were once in Day Z standalone and I loved it. I really had my hopes up for the axe is this mod. It's basically just a base building tool at this point, which doesn't make sense considering that some servers have bonus respect for axe kills. It's a broken aspect of the game at this point, which is a bummer considering how incredible everything else is. 

Edited by SoloPopo

On 27-10-2016 at 5:29 AM, Skelly said:

Yea it would be nice to have a better hitbox, but honestly my biggest pet peeve with it is I cant really run well with it, so by the time I get near a person whose sitting still he hears my footsteps and kills me, I dont know maybe im just trash.

did you use the combat walk? cuz i can hear those but when using combat walk than Walk ( w+s under standard control config ) they hardly hear you, unless they have a good 7.1 headset

Advertisement