Romis

The reason we created our server, and why we think we can deliver something completely different.

19 posts in this topic

First and foremost, this is by no means meant as a advertisement of the server I am in the process of launching, therefore, I have removed any part of the post that connects to our names and brand.

I wanted to post this here because hopefully it will resonate with some of you, and make you think about gaming in general in a different way, or at the very least, get a confirmation that I am not alone in my line of thinking. If this type of post is not welcome here, I am very sorry, but I deep down wanted to share this with all of you, no matter who you are, how old you are, what you do for a living or want to do for a living, etc.

( This is a copy-paste from our forums)

----------

Hi!

Before I go on here, I just want to say that this is going to be a more personal post, rather than a very systematic, professional, consice and informative post. I would like to, if you are open for it, to share my philosophy around gaming, the cornerstones that underpins my passion for games, and why I think I can, with the help of a few close friends that share my point of view, a better experience, although different, than most server-owners out there.

And I think it all boils down to the way I view games, in the artform it is. I view gaming in many facets, and not just something to pass time and have fun while doing it. Although that is very important.

( This is going to be a long post by the way )

For me, video games is the most interactive way that humans can have access to as of today. It's a hobby, it's a thought, it's an emotion, a series of emotions, it's a way to share a point of view, it's a way to tell a story, to show a part of the creator, or simply something to look at and think about life.

I have personally never been interested in any sports in my life. Neither participating, or watching. The only sports I watch are E-sports, and that's because it combines the two most important things in my gaming life: Social interaction and a love for video games.

Take football, for example, and sorry in advance for mye lack of knowledge on the field, I don't mean to say negative things about a sport that many hold high.

But football, because of it's origin is a very rudamentory and basic sport. You will always experience football in the same way, and the story that is being told will be inside very rigorous frameworks, because of it's limited impact it has outside of it's nature as a competative sport. It's very bonding, and it can certainly evoke any of our emotions, but it will always stay within it's framework.

( Again, I do not mean to offend with my rather rudamentory view of gaming, this is purely my point of view, and you are free to tell me how wrong I am )

On to games. For me, games are like watching a movie, but instead of being a passive bystander, you are (in most cases) a big part of the story, and for the more advanced games out there, you are free to change the course of the story, seeing how it affects the world, and then having the chance to reflect on if that was the right decision or not. It can be very important for allowing young people especially, but as well adults, to learn, to grow, to reflect, and become a better version of themselves.

When people in real life come up to me and tell me with negative energy that they think gaming is a massive waste of time and is stupid, I hav stopped becoming angry, but I see where they are coming from, but ultimately it boils down to the fact that they don't know how it is to be in our situation, to get to enjoy this incredibly varied and rich hobby, which by the way can be one of the most social experience in a persons life, although nothing beats simply talking to people that you connect well to in real life.

How does this all mean for [Name Removed]  you say? ( Can this guy finally get to the point? )

With our server, I want to share the experience that I would personally find to be the most fun and rewarding. I want to create an arena for people to come together, to through gameplay mechanics bond together, make new friends, and hopefully grow as a person. That's pretty much it.

To go a bit deeper in this. I have personally grown a lot the past few months, because of a lot of factors that I won't go into, but I have come to view life in a completely new way, and although I don't want to seem like a prick, and act like I know everything about life, I think I view the world in a very unique way, and I think a lot of people will connect with that, because deep down, everything human wants is to connect with other human beings, enjoy the energy and love they emit, take that energy and radiate it even stronger outwards and grow together. That is for me, the ultimate goal of human beings, to share love and experiences with each other and grow our society together. I think we can all agree that the world has seen too much negative energy lately, and I honestly feel that gaming, in it's pure form, can be a catalyst to bring people from different point of views, life situations, countries, family situations, with different opinions and feelings, and ultimately understand that emitting negative energy towards each other is very damaging to every life form on earth.

My goal with this server is in it's purest and simplest form to give you all a place that you are always welcome, where you will feel the embrace, the warmth and love from other human beings, and that it in some way can help you grow as a person, and bring that experience with you in life, and give that to other people.

( This does not in any way shape or form means PvP is not permitted on our server. I know how satisfying it is to work towards being the most powerful group on a popular server through terrorizing other big groups and end up victorious through team work and prowess. )

If any of this resonated with, I am happy that you are interested in being part of something I think will be really great. We will launch this coming Monday, most likely, and I welcome everyone from all walks of life to join us on this journey in a small part of our lives, or a big part. Who knows?

:)

( We also have plans to expand to other games if this turns out great )

Again, I hope I don't come off as a condenscending asshole with this post.

Namaste.

- Romis

Advertisement
9 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

May I ask what you hope to accomplish with this post ?

My most honest hope with this post is first and foremost to share my thoughts on how I feel playing video games is a good way to get in touch with other people, share experiences, share emotions, and reflect on the time spent while enjoying this art form to better yourself, and grow as a human being.

Like I wrote in the first post, if the moderation team here feels that this post has nothing to do in these forums, that is completely fine with me. I just wanted to share my thoughts in the purest, selfless form I could imagine. If it resonates with even one person, then I feel I have done a great deed. Because ultimately, I feel video games is the most interesting art form available to us, and I want as many people as possible to understand that point of view, even if they disagree with how I word it.

Edited by Romis

8 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

I suppose it falls under general exile discussion as we don't really have an off topic forum

Alright, cool. But again, I do not mean to infringe on your property, and I did not mean for you to have to get defensive, since I was obviously crossing a line, in your opinion. Feel free to delete the whole post if you feel it's for the best.

Oh its cool I just wasn't sure where the post was going or if it was appropriate for this subforum. I just can't think of another spot to put it really lol

7 minutes ago, relent said:

tl dr

You should book-mark this thread. Maybe at some point later you will be in a state of mind where you want to see my point of view. In any case, I could not make it any shorter, as I felt every word and sentence in the post helps to explain my thoughts.

10 minutes ago, Flosstradamus said:

Oh its cool I just wasn't sure where the post was going or if it was appropriate for this subforum. I just can't think of another spot to put it really lol

I am glad you did not act negatively towards my need to express my thoughts in the best way I could think of. I hope my light can stay with you in your life, and help you in any way needed to become a stronger and better person for yourself and the people around you.

Advice from a fellow long-post-author. Never overestimate the interest in your passion from random strangers, keep some form of easily decipherable section of your post that summarizes what you said with many words (like a bullet point list). If you don't, your posts will probably be ignored.

• Like 1

Advertisement