Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Bleeding to death = suicide

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

I've noticed that if you get shot and wounded by an AI (PVE Server, so not sure about by other players) and you bleed to death, it gets registered as committing suicide instead of being killed by an AI.

Is there a way to change this? Or is that just how the game works?
Paul

I fail to see how your post is "constructive criticism" when AI isn't apart of vanilla exile..

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Flosstradamus said:

I fail to see how your post is "constructive criticism" when AI isn't apart of vanilla exile..

I'm fairly certain this could apply to PvP as well. Get wounded enough to bleed, but not killed outright. Haven't seen this happen yet (in PvP), but it's a possibility.

I would have thought it came into how deaths are classified rather than who has killed you. I'll test it with someone and let you know

5 hours ago, Flosstradamus said:

Hmm... I fail to see why he posted this as well when clearly this has nothing to do with Exile...

// Starve or bleed to death or die of thirst
if ((ExileClientPlayerAttributes select ATTRIBUTE_HUNGER) == 0 || (ExileClientPlayerAttributes select ATTRIBUTE_THIRST) == 0 || ExileClientPlayerIsBleeding) then
{
	ExileClientPlayerAttributes set [ATTRIBUTE_HEALTH, ((((ExileClientPlayerAttributes select ATTRIBUTE_HEALTH) - ExileClientHealthDecay * _timeElapsed) min 100) max 0)];
};

Oh wait... ExileClientPlayerIsBleeding?
Nah, that must be some AI script, nothing to do with Exile. /s

On 8/9/2016 at 6:29 AM, Paul said:

Is there a way to change this? Or is that just how the game works?

It's because bleeding out is a thread that is running that checks to see if the player isBleeding and does a setDamage accordingly. SetDamage is considered an "suicide" since technically the script killed you. Variables could be assigned to the player based on why their health stat was changed in ExileClient_object_player_stats_update, but this thread runs every 0.25 seconds. I would keep any changes in here to a minimum.

4 hours ago, WolfkillArcadia said:

Hmm... I fail to see why he posted this as well when clearly this has nothing to do with Exile...

// Starve or bleed to death or die of thirst
if ((ExileClientPlayerAttributes select ATTRIBUTE_HUNGER) == 0 || (ExileClientPlayerAttributes select ATTRIBUTE_THIRST) == 0 || ExileClientPlayerIsBleeding) then
{
	ExileClientPlayerAttributes set [ATTRIBUTE_HEALTH, ((((ExileClientPlayerAttributes select ATTRIBUTE_HEALTH) - ExileClientHealthDecay * _timeElapsed) min 100) max 0)];
};

Oh wait... ExileClientPlayerIsBleeding?
Nah, that must be some AI script, nothing to do with Exile. /s

It's because bleeding out is a thread that is running that checks to see if the player isBleeding and does a setDamage accordingly. SetDamage is considered an "suicide" since technically the script killed you. Variables could be assigned to the player based on why their health stat was changed in ExileClient_object_player_stats_update, but this thread runs every 0.25 seconds. I would keep any changes in here to a minimum.

Not sure if you're trying to be a dick or not but his post doesn't fall under the constructive criticism category regardless.

@Flosstradamus We'll actually it is.

OP pointed out a logic flaw he was experiencing.

You countered that it wasn't anything to do with exile.

Second poster comes in with proof that proves you wrong, and you continue to claim it has nothing to do with exile...

Yet you think someone else is being a dick? 

Right, what algebra/philosophy class did I miss that helps me understand your thoughts?

Edited by airtonix
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, airtonix said:

@Flosstradamus We'll actually it is.

OP pointed out a logic flaw he was experiencing.

You countered that it wasn't anything to do with exile.

Second poster comes in with proof that proves you wrong, and you continue to claim it has nothing to do with exile...

Yet you think someone else is being a dick? 

Right, what algebra/philosophy class did I miss that helps me understand your thoughts?

"Logic flaw" how does that fit inside constructive criticism? That was the point I was making the entire time

Advertisement