Sign in to follow this  
Ephox

steam authentication failed

Question

So i tried setting up an Exile server on Tanoa. So far so good until i try to connect and get kicked for steam authentication failed. What is this and how can it be fixed? 

4 answers to this question

Navigate to your Steam folder and locate a file called "steam_appid.txt" in there you will find a short 6 decimal ID copy that.

Then navigate to @ExileServer folder and open the "Config.cfg" file with an editor of your choice( I used notepad++). Look for the line that says "requiredBuild = "  change that id number with the one you copied and save. 

Then navigate back to your base server folder and locate "steam_appid.txt", the same file that is in your base Steam is in the base server folder open it and replace the id with the copied ID and then save.

Launch the server and you should be good to go.

1 hour ago, Rapter123470 said:

Navigate to your Steam folder and locate a file called "steam_appid.txt" in there you will find a short 6 decimal ID copy that.

Then navigate to @ExileServer folder and open the "Config.cfg" file with an editor of your choice( I used notepad++). Look for the line that says "requiredBuild = "  change that id number with the one you copied and save. 

Then navigate back to your base server folder and locate "steam_appid.txt", the same file that is in your base Steam is in the base server folder open it and replace the id with the copied ID and then save.

Launch the server and you should be good to go.

That actually worked. Thanks!

Advertisement
Advertisement