MudBone

[SOLVED] Infistar login/logout as admin

6 posts in this topic

After using Infistar for a month I need to say thanks for the great feature set that's makes out jobs a lot easier.

One issue has come to my attention. As an admin I like to play and not just spectate or run around putting out fires for all the other players. However this makes the admin abuse accusations fly once I actually kill a player. they have a tendency to think we are using the tools to track them down or gain some advantage. So I'm wondering if there is any way to login and logout as an admin from in the game. Enter a code and have infistar indicate I'm administrating ..logout and list me as a normal player.

Advertisement

Type !admin in chat, you'll be thrown to server browser, when you rejoin you'll be a regular player. Or you could set yourself in the infiSTAR config to start as a normal player, you'd then use the same !admin command to access the panel.

33 minutes ago, n00dles w/Oculus said:

Type !admin in chat, you'll be thrown to server browser, when you rejoin you'll be a regular player. Or you could set yourself in the infiSTAR config to start as a normal player, you'd then use the same !admin command to access the panel.

I saw that in the config but I'm not sure it does what I need. I want our admins marked as an admin when they are logged in and not when they are just playing so that players making accusations can see whos acting as an admin and whos not.

If you login to the server directly it will postfix the player name with admin, this is done using #login <rcon pass> in chat.

This can also be done using the login option from the infiSTAR menu its in white near the middle/bottom of the list. This doesn't require a password.

Obviously people that haven't done this won't me marked in the player list.

I'd suggest your admins enable the infiSTAR option when they have the panel open, the use the save option state button at the top of the screen so it is enabled upon login, to save forgetting todo it. Although I'm not 100% sure that option would be saved, haven't bothered to go that far myself, I'll test it later.

Edited by n00dles w/Oculus

Advertisement