Tylor

Database Cleanup

5 posts in this topic

Is there a way to clean things up in the database to make the server run at a higher FPS, without wiping everything?

My high pop server will sometimes drop below 8 FPS and this was never the case a few weeks ago. No mods have been changed/added. We simply have more people online at one time.

Would deleting characters that have not been logged on in the past 2 weeks or something help?

Or remove all unpurchased vehicles?

There could be a variety of reasons server FPS has dropped and I couldn't dream of listing them all. I don't think removing inactive things from the DB will make too much of a difference. As of now, things saved in the DB will remain until manually deleted - so if you want rid of something, you will have to do just that. If you want to remove random vehicles from the map that will definitely add some extra FPS because there is a massive amount of vehicles spawned by it. I'd imagine the overall fps on your server has dropped due to people building things and or you have an error or you have actually added something that is eating FPS

• Like 1

Advertisement

End-game is building a base, having a high-pop server means a lot of players striving towards end-game. If you've got things setup so that it's easy to reach end-game (ie. a fast economy/respect, so that you can expand your base to level 10 pretty quickly) you will run into several players quickly being able to build huge bases. And they will. Because they can.

Now a way to combat this is to make the economy slower, and/or to limit the amount of buildables on the server. Both of these will be seen as problematic by many players. Unfortunately if players want decent performance and an as glitch-free experience as possible, they will have to accept these caveats. It's a limitation in ARMA and not something we will be able to get around until maybe ARMA4.

• Like 3

Single digit server FPS/CPS is common with high population servers especially if you have a lot of constructions/containers/vehicles on the server.

Lots of vehicles particularly have a big impact on performance.

Another thing to consider is the amount of AI you have active on the server.

• Like 1

Advertisement