Sign in to follow this  
NAIL

Flag system redo

5 posts in this topic

I hate having to hide a flag.  I feel the flag should be a prominent part of the base, should be movable, so that it can be displayed proudly.  

Maybe make it so a laptop has to be linked to and within 15m of the flag.  If you "hack" the laptop, it gives you the steal flag option.  

How building would work imo:

1. Buy flag kit

2. Place flag (only thing flag allows is laptop)

3. Place laptop now building is completely unlocked.

4. Build room around laptop to secure base.  Flag is still prominently displayed.

Movable flag, and center of base.  As you grow, maybe the flag needs to be adjusted.  You can move the flag, but have to set it and a laptop near to be able to build, and have lockable doors.  Base is vulnerable while moving flag.  Check your radius after move, anything outside radius would lose protection at the date it last was protected till.

All this is only a suggestion.  I like the flag, but having a flag and hiding it seems totally opposite of what a flag means.  If you wanted you can even glitch the flag into the ground making it un-stealable .  

I dunno sounds kind of weird to hack a laptop to steal a flag, I think the flag should simply be movable to any spot within the territory then as your base develops you might find a more defensible position maybe only the base of the flagpole must be accessed to steal the flag.

Edited by Emton
  • Like 1

Advertisement

Still the point though, flag is supposed to be a prominent part of a base, front and center.  Nature of the game makes offline raiding a thing, where as a military base would never be "offline"  as a veteran I think the flag should be displayed.  If a person really tried to assult a base, the room they would want to get into would be the security room,  where the guns and cctv is, much like this game.  Hence my idea for a laptop.  

Some black lady climbed a flag pole here in charleston to pull down the confederate flag,  does that mean she finally single handedly beat the south?

Also taking 10+ minutes to cut a flag rope seems a little ridiculous.  That time is consistent with hacking a laptop, and grabing the flag on the way out.

I agree with this thread in some points. The flag hidding/sinking is somehow frustrating for owners and so for raiders. I think the laptop hack is way more real, the thing is that nobody will use a laptop/remove it so it won't be hacked. One posibility would be to need a laptop installed in base to upgrade it, and if you remove it you lose protection (just as if the flag was missing). The rewards from hacking the laptop could be money/respect from territory owners, some of the vehicles/safes in the base radius get unlocked.

Just throwing some ideas here, the flag steal thing was a nice addition, but maybe it could be funnier/riskier.

Sorry for my english.

16 minutes ago, Monstruongo said:

The rewards from hacking the laptop could be money/respect from territory owners, some of the vehicles/safes in the base radius get unlocked.

There's already rewards for stealing a flag. I do agree though, I'd love to be able to show the flag off too instead of hiding it away; Having dickbutt flag icons and all..

Advertisement