Emton

Box of matches invisible?

Question

Heyy the item Exile_Item_Matches seems to be showing up as invisible, no 3d model. Has anyone else noticed this or did I bug my exile setup somehow?

6 answers to this question

I believe the issue you are having is that they spawn below ground level, I have noticed this with several of the smaller items. I have taken to placing spawn positions slightly higher, its fugly and immersion (what little there is) breaking. But somewhat negates the issue.

Advertisement

Hmmm but I think i tried just dropping them on the ground and still couldn't see them, so possibly the 3d model has a glitch?

I have several other methods of spawning items in world, and only with the Exile spawn system do they "not appear" I've already looked at the asset, there doesn't appear to be any issues with it.

This also happens with earplugs, can openers, screw drivers, etc.. I imagine issues like this are why the Arma assets for things like the compass, map etc.. are standardized as an ammo pouch. Not only saves time but removes issues finding fiddly small items in world.

Edited by n00dles w/Oculus

Ok well I've made all new loot spawn postitions and most everything spawns right where it should, only trouble I'm having is with a few buildings the loot doesn't seem to spawn (or the positions are incorrect from the plugin I used) and these matches they just won't show up, and they're really important for how I have the food balanced (it's actually important to cook food and not waste it by overeating)

Sadly I cannot offer further insight, haven't taken to looking at it further.

What I can offer is what I might try to debug the issue, make a loot table exclusively of small items, matches etc.. slap on some debug, and manually inspect in what instances they appear and don't appear. Then as an ugly work around tune the spawning to account for a "failure" rate.

This is a example of what I'd do to get on, I'm not in the habit of letting small things get in the way of the larger project as a whole and as iterating on your balance is the goal here, I'd find an interim method such as above to achieve that and return to the issue later. Chances are the problem will evaporate in a later patch which will be obvious by the over abundance of matches, at which point you can just cut back on the drop rate.

Hope this gives you at least another perspective on the issue. Solving a problem isn't always worth the effort, Just in my opinion.

Advertisement