ThatWhiteDude

Buyable/Protective AI for your base.

26 posts in this topic

Hello, I have had ARMA 3 Exile for awhile now, and I just want to say this mod has been the best mod I've played since Epoch. The optimization is fantastic, the game play and visuals send shivers down my spine, and It's so very realistic! But I do have one request, That is to add buy-able, place-able, and protective AI. You should be able to buy AI for you base, so when you leave, bandits do not come and steal your valuable equipment and other various objects. These AIs will act like every other AI, but stationed in/outside your base and completely static until an enemy comes into their view distance,whether that be other AIs or bandits trying to break into your base. If killed, they will not respawn, unless you buy them again.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Thank you for your time and consideration

Edited by ThatWhiteDude
  • Like 1

The problem i see to that is setting the AI to a side (faction) that wont attack you but will attack another player.  We are all on the same side is what i mean, the "player" is what makes us able to kill each other (when you kill a player it says friendly fire for example).  The AI are set to east or west so that they will be hostile to us, the inmate.

I think it would be doable but would be a killer to code and i dont think theyd shoot at other players so it would be for a pve heavy server or the zombie mod that has waves of them coming at you

Edited by =DH= Unremorseful

Advertisement

Use base flag player ids as a check for AI if player is not in your flag table then they target them when close or you could use setCaptive to ignore grouped players who enter is few ways of doing it. You do need to think how well will it run if have 100 players and 150 bases all over FPS would hit hard if running other AI systems.

Other option.  When players are within 100m of their base and they have AI guards, set the players that own the base to a 'captive' status.

This will stop all AI from shooting those players, but as long as the player base is not near other 'hostile' AI when they are in their base it should work well. The AI will then only shoot at players not 'friendly to the base'

Would probably be a good 80-90% solution based upon how 'sides' are currently implemented.

'Free the Captive Missions' I have built use this mechanism and it works pretty well.

• Like 1

Am looking for a script where you can Hire AI to join your battles. I would like to setup a Trader where you can Hire AI up to a max number of like 3 or 4 to help you do AI missions and fight with you. Would work good for PVE servers. Anyone know of a script like that out.. Maybe something like this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26312 could be ported over. 

Edited by dobrowney
  • Like 1

Ok I got this scrip working. You can Hire AI .. Place them around your base or have them follow ya. So that is good.. Exile allows scripts like this. Now just need to port it over into exile add a cost to hiring AI and edit the menu to match the other Exile Traders. 

• Like 4

thats great dobrowney, glad you found that solution. Might be helpful for our server, small as it is and you can hire more to help with AI fights.

I still like to solo things, and win large scale battles though :) Rambo style....

thats great dobrowney, glad you found that solution. Might be helpful for our server, small as it is and you can hire more to help with AI fights.

I still like to solo things, and win large scale battles though :) Rambo style....

yeah it gives it that coop play if you want it. Just need to work on the menu system and make it cost something. Could use a hand here if anyone that knows how to script wants to help port it over for exile

• Like 1

Its already been done by Daimyo in Basebuilding 1.3  using SargeAI
SargeAI didnt worry about the "side", he used the ratings to create/prevent conflict (which is how Dayz made player bandits become an enemy to everyone).  
sideenemy
addrating

Daimyo Basebuilding 1.3 SargeAI addon

So, create guards on side Resistance so they are friendly to all players.  When a player enters the trigger area, check if he is on the list of authorized users for that base.  If not, then addrating -50000 for that player. BAM! he is now a target of the guards.  If he is on the authorized list then make sure his rating is 2000+ so he is not attacked.  When the trigger deactivates you would need to set the players rating back to normal.

Edited by ShootingBlanks

yeah it gives it that coop play if you want it. Just need to work on the menu system and make it cost something. Could use a hand here if anyone that knows how to script wants to help port it over for exile

I had used this on my Dayz server .. always loved AI teammates to scout out cities  ...
First version I used the Bon Recruits and just created a 'camp' where you could go and click on the flagpole and recruit someone.   In exile mod, simply subtract X poptabs from the player when the unit is spawned.
Second version I created a "refugee camp" and added a bunch of AI of different skill levels.  A scroll menu would allow you to "hire" that AI and remove money from your account (better AI cost more).  This version I simply used _unit joinsilent group player , or something very close to that so the AI would join my group.

As mentioned in my previous post about rating, you have to check that the players rating is not -2000 or the ai teammate will shoot the player.  Not sure if ratings are utilized at all by exile mod, but might have to create a script that monitors the players rating and keeps it above zero unless they are in someones base. ..  The AI team members would not attack any other players either though, which might be a good thing to prevent players from abusing them. Each AI would have to have some type of script to detect if a player shot them and then make that player an enemy to that individual AI or Group.

Edited by ShootingBlanks

Advertisement