Boose

Exile Getting Exiled?

18 posts in this topic

I've heard a rumour that Exile will be switching to a maintenance only mode, so only updating to fix things that BI break and not being actively developed. Is this true? Or is it just more #ArmaDrama ? 

Advertisement

...well, check Eichis statement few weeks ago, prolly just a kneejerk reaction but we all know - once said and thinkin in mind, this might happen - guys seems bit overwhelmed.

On 2.7.2016 at 11:13 AM, Eichi said:

To be honest with you, I am thinking about just abandoning this complete project and quit Exile. Fuck all the haters, I can return the favor. I have better things to do in my life than dealing with this crap.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WURSTKETTE said:

...well, check Eichis statement few weeks ago, prolly just a kneejerk reaction but we all know - once said and thinkin in mind, this might happen - guys seems bit overwhelmed.

It was just a little rage because of a dumb answer/question from someone.

I think they want to spend some time without coding and want to do a little break, you cant blame them for it look what an awesome job they did till now (for free) so give them some time to relax.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Digital Purge said:

I've heard a rumour that Exile will be switching to a maintenance only mode, so only updating to fix things that BI break and not being actively developed. Is this true? Or is it just more #ArmaDrama ? 

They're not going anywhere, but I understand a bit of salt from them, if you read through a lot of the code they've actually written, guis they have created.. it's quite extensive. Cut some slack

Not being paid for this, honest ;)

• Like 1

All done, gone fishing. =P

Funny, seems like the same exact thing the Epoch devs were going through when they were being criticized.  People need to realize that modding for Arma in any facet is NOT an easy feat. It's very time consuming, frustrating, and can be very, very unrewarding when you get a myriad of people who just bitch about things that probably aren't even controllable by the modder.

Modding is all done at the leisure of just a few people and its a miracle for anyone to stay dedicated to a project like this for an extended amount of time.  Rep to the modders and to those who try to help with the community WITHOUT stirring up drama.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, twitch.tv/cring0 said:

All done, gone fishing. =P

Funny, seems like the same exact thing the Epoch devs were going through when they were being criticized.  People need to realize that modding for Arma in any facet is NOT an easy feat. It's very time consuming, frustrating, and can be very, very unrewarding when you get a myriad of people who just bitch about things that probably aren't even controllable by the modder.

Modding is all done at the leisure of just a few people and its a miracle for anyone to stay dedicated to a project like this for an extended amount of time.  Rep to the modders and to those who try to help with the community WITHOUT stirring up drama.

Thanks for the answers guys, now i know! 

And dito what cring0 says !! 

#IMTOTALLYEXILED

Advertisement