Sign in to follow this  
Roewk56

Raiding

11 posts in this topic

As of right now I have no idea how many satchels it takes to break into a base. Me and a couple friends wasted 60k bottle tabs trying to break into a reinforced door that amounted to nothing... So please someone tell me if it is possible, and if it isn't why hasn't it been added.

Advertisement

It takes 4 satchel charges to blow up a non-reinforced wall.  They have to be put down 1 at a time.  4 going off at once does not equal 4 single charges.

Edited by slider162

You would think that if a player did not have a reinforced walls you could knock it down with an axe and a lot of chopping.

After all.. it's only wood.

You would think that if a player did not have a reinforced walls you could knock it down with an axe and a lot of chopping.

After all.. it's only wood.

Realism is good, but only to a certain extent. People will simply stop playing if their base is gone or raided every time they log on. 

• Like 1

It is actually 6 satchel charges to take down a wood wall but the doors & door frames are like the have god mode & can not be destroyed

Edited by BananaMan

I'm very conflicted about this design decision.

On the one hand, I hear the side of the argument that says base raiding is stupid because people put all this work into their base and if someone can break into it with just a couple of satchels while they are not online to defend it then whats the point?

I also feel like having bases that are essentially invulnerable is kind of dumb also. I mean, where's the challenge and fun in that? 

In my humble opinion - I would take down wood walls to two satches and reinforced walls to 5 satchels. That would make it difficult and expensive to raid bases, but you really wouldn't be able to completely destroy someone's entire base.

Edited by Danius

On 9/24/2015 at 11:14 AM, Toolshed said:

Realism is good, but only to a certain extent. People will simply stop playing if their base is gone or raided every time they log on. 

Wrong, this keeps the game dynamics fluid.  If you are silly enough to make a base to begin with then you only draw attention to yourself.  if you do make a base use some forethought about the design.  These people with 400 + walled mega structure needs some explosives.  Plus never put all your eggs in one place.  This isn't rocket science.  I never base up until I have two locations far apart from each other ready to "go".  One location will be a bit more covert than the other. Covert meaning if I place walls you can't readily seem them from flying by or driving by (some maps this is easier than others).  The more obvious base is used for pewpew.  Tabs are no hard to come by in Exile.  So people complain that their sh*t "got" blew up just makes me ... 

On 9/24/2015 at 2:14 PM, Toolshed said:

Well maybe in Exile but in Rust people stick around. Exile and rust's building speed(the amount it takes to make a decently secured base) is pretty similar. Anyways reinforced walls are like 8 satchels i believe

Advertisement