UBEChief

HUD/UI questions

16 posts in this topic

I'm curious, why can't we see the ammo count from a seat that can take control of weapon systems in vehicles (e.g. Pilot's seat in any attack heli)? Surely there can be a way for a tertiary HUD element to pop up when those weapon systems are engaged. Hell, even some attack helis with pilot weapons available don't have ammo counters. Vice-versa for being in a co-pilot's seat and not seeing your speed and altitude.

Speaking of HUD elements, can the speed/ammo counter on the bottom right be moved somewhere else? As it stands, Steam's popup notifications constantly block that info when a friend comes online or starts a game. Yes, I know I can disable Steam's ingame UI, but I like it on to collaborate with friends planning to join me in a server.

Actually, why not have the HUD elements at the bottom (with exception of the vitals bar at bottom center) moved to the top, where the Arma 3 vanilla elements were, and have the group list at the bottom left?

I would love to know the reasons behind the HUD/UI placements and why they are the way they are. Thanks!

• Like 1

I wish there was an option to use the vanilla Arma 3 interface, and just have the extra info panel added to that in a way that matches. The font they use is so painful to read, arma 3 ui is fast and easy to look at already...

• Like 2

Advertisement

From my understanding, the developers wanted a minimal interface for Exile. Frankly, it delivers that. Also, if you noticed, default Exile has no attack choppers obtainable in the game, so it makes sense why they didn't added any information for it. 

You "can" bring back the UI for default Arma and disable Exile's, but it's going to be per server basis and will require some overwrites. 

You cannot move the UI without editing the RscTitles entry. I don't think this class allows for a description.ext overwrite so you wouldn't be able to change via the mission. You can't change it via your client because you won't be able to join any server as the bikey would be wrong.

The placement of the UI is also based off where everything else is in the game. I've been told by Grim/Eichi why the placements are where they are, but unfortunately, I cannot remember. 

I personally like not having to look up at the top corner of my screen to see my ammo count because I'm already so used to every other shooter having it at the bottom. 

Just FYI, the "center bar" is not part of Exile, just making sure you are aware. :)

• Like 1

The ammo count/Arma 3 UI is completely customizeable - if you want ammo on the bottom, you can move ammo to the bottom.

What is missing are things like ammo counts in vehicles, flares, vehicle damage, stance, etc.  

I would like a dev, or someone on the team to come forward and inject some facts, as I've suggested this change to the owner of the sever I frequent (Hi JohnJohns!), and he says it doesn't sound as easy as people are making it out to be.

9 hours ago, UBEChief said:

I would like a dev, or someone on the team to come forward and inject some facts

As nice as that would be, they're busy right now so it's going to be a while.

Advertisement