Sign in to follow this  
johnnyfor

something about CCG causing the infamous memory crash?

Question

Im only getting the memory could not be written/read on CCG servers after the potato update, they are my favourite so its quite infuriating.
I managed to join a game after deleting and reinstalling  the mods TornZ, CCG 130616 and ASDG Joint Rails (not sure which one actually fixed it as I did all three at once)... and I played until server restart but then I couldn't rejoin again without crashing.
Anybody else having this problem?

ATTENTION: Didnt expect to find the fix on CCG website but here it is- simply Alt+tab when loading.

hope this can help anyone else having trouble, link is below

ATTENTION 2: I tried this and as others have mentioned it doesnt fix anything... so I dug deeper into the thread and actually discovered the fix (tested and works for me at least)

You need to manually load the mods in the official Arma 3 launcher (located in just below the arma3.exe in the game folder) in the exact order listed in A3Launcher.
that order for Cherno is:
HVP
CCG
NIArms
ASDG
Exile
A2OP

once you done this click 'play' in the arma launcher and manually search for 'ccg' in armas server browser and join it.

Edited by johnnyfor

9 answers to this question

None of that fixes it. It's a combination of something with Arma 3 and Exile. It doesn't happen nearly as often (VERY rarely actually) with other mods. All those supposed fixes don't actually fix it. Alt-Tab, updating BE, etc. It's just luck if you don't crash. Anyway, there's tons of topics about this.

Advertisement
14 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

None of that fixes it. It's a combination of something with Arma 3 and Exile. It doesn't happen nearly as often (VERY rarely actually) with other mods. All those supposed fixes don't actually fix it. Alt-Tab, updating BE, etc. It's just luck if you don't crash. Anyway, there's tons of topics about this.

yes you're right I updated this post before actually trying... but I found the actual fix in the same thread , check the OP again, I just added in the new fix

Edited by johnnyfor

40 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Manually update your battleye dlls from battleye's site and see if that helps. I did that and stopped having random crashes.

yeah I seen your post about that in another thread yesterday but it didnt help. these crashes arent random for me they are constant and just showed up for the first time after potato dropped and only  on CCG servers.

Even though you think that fixed the problem, it didn't. The problem exists between Arma 3 and Exile and can only be fixed by the devs. You aren't crashing anymore because it's very random. I've had times where I crash 4 times in a row and then play for 3 days without a crash.

56 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Even though you think that fixed the problem, it didn't. The problem exists between Arma 3 and Exile and can only be fixed by the devs. You aren't crashing anymore because it's very random. I've had times where I crash 4 times in a row and then play for 3 days without a crash.

you say its random... its not. Im talkign about a specific and new problem with CCG, if you're not suffering from crashes 100% of the time on CCG but none on other servers then this thread will not help you. there is problems with arma 3 that cause the crash regardless but this particular one is caused by something in the CCG servers, probably one of the mods theyre using, ever since potato was released.

9 hours ago, johnnyfor said:

you say its random... its not. Im talkign about a specific and new problem with CCG, if you're not suffering from crashes 100% of the time on CCG but none on other servers then this thread will not help you. there is problems with arma 3 that cause the crash regardless but this particular one is caused by something in the CCG servers, probably one of the mods theyre using, ever since potato was released.

Then go post on CCG's website lol.

Advertisement