NazT_DragN

Exile SP Survival

5 posts in this topic

Ok so here's the thing.

I love survival games. I love base building games. I love Arma 3.

Is there a way I could set up Exile to run for just me, and still have the loot tables and mission DB that saves player owned progress and inventory?

I have no clue how Exile works from a server perspective...just from experience playing it.

Advertisement

Being a little bandwidth handicapped in a semi-rural location I usually play on my own server. You do miss the crafty, sneaky, spiteful and friendly interactions of other human players but it's possible to create quite the PVE (and a PVAI) environment.

Read the truly excellent guide on how to install MYSQL and set up the database by @S. here. I create the server on my gaming PC and then run the game. Select the multiplayer tab, LAN and select your server. Many mods from this site can add flavor to create whatever it is you're after.

Plenty of guides exist to help but feel free to ask for help if you need it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eck the Viking said:

Being a little bandwidth handicapped in a semi-rural location I usually play on my own server. You do miss the crafty, sneaky, spiteful and friendly interactions of other human players but it's possible to create quite the PVE (and a PVAI) environment.

Read the truly excellent guide on how to install MYSQL and set up the database by @S. here. I create the server on my gaming PC and then run the game. Select the multiplayer tab, LAN and select your server. Many mods from this site can add flavor to create whatever it is you're after.

Plenty of guides exist to help but feel free to ask for help if you need it.

This is exactly what I was looking for, Thank You.

I actually tried to do just that, then looked at the log when it kept crashing, and then said wtf when it came up as not able to connect to sql...lol

With Exile it's just so easy to do, well, everything really although I've had plenty of practice with DayZ, DayZ_Epoch etc.

The guide I mentioned above makes the DB so easy to do and I'm a complete MYSQL noob.

Advertisement