Sign in to follow this  
Dunsparth

Server control panel

6 posts in this topic

I have a dedi running 3 exile servers.
Some of my staff have been complaining about needing to have access to manually restart the servers sometimes or access some files which i am fine with but i am not giving them access to my dedi.
Is there a way i can setup some type of control panel?

Install IIS (assuming you're running windows), write a website to handle all that stuff :) Otherwise, if it's linux, install apache and write a website to perform the functions they need :P

I am planning on doing it one day...just a pain in the ass.

Advertisement
11 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Install IIS (assuming you're running windows), write a website to handle all that stuff :) Otherwise, if it's linux, install apache and write a website to perform the functions they need :P

I am planning on doing it one day...just a pain in the ass.

Windows server 2012 R2

http://www.iis.net/learn/get-started/whats-new-in-iis-8/installing-iis-8-on-windows-server-2012

Use something like perl (ActiveState Perl - google it and you can download it from there, it can be a little bit of a pain to install but you can do it). Or you could use Ruby on Rails, which is a bit more complicated. 

All you need to do is write a website that lets a user login, then give them some buttons that go to urls that trigger the web app to execute batch scripts or whatever for restarts. You can use plain old directory browsing for stuff like log files (use some type of authentication for it). I have my logs archived off and have IIS with a link to the directories (wrote a simple webpage for it). So they won't be getting the current logs, but after restarts (if you archive your logs after a restart), they'll have that.

I'm assuming you don't want to give out access to rdp to keep your pbos safe? If that's not the case, you could just skip all this and do some semi complicated stuff with adding a new windows user to your dedicated that has limited access. They could run batch scripts to start the server (use runas to make sure the process starts with the right credentials).

2 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I know this is an old post, but I just read it so I thought I'd provide a suggestion for anyone looking for this in the future. 

I recommend FireDaemon: http://www.firedaemon.com/

This! It's also fantastic for getting your services backonline after a box crash or restart.

Can handle command lines or whatever else you need it to do, Also has a addon that you can setup that your other admins can login to remotely and restart/stop/start services you give access to :) Can customize each login to have access to certain stuff.

Advertisement