xDaVIRUS

A3XAI and DMS HELP

24 posts in this topic

So, im beyond frustrated.. and need some serious help. We finally got our server running just how we wanted it! DMS missions and A3XAI roaming all over, well today, i log on, and the AI is frozen, and wont move around. So i look into it, and see that i can unfreeze them and only them. Well as soon as i change that in the DMS config, and upload it, it breaks! cant find this .sql and that .sql please help!

As well as whether they are frozen or not, there is also a player distance check and a timer for it.
You're probably making the same mistake as we did by teleporting in and wondering why they're all frozen.

The logic by default says that every 30 seconds, occupation will check to see if a player is within 3500m from the AI. If there is no one within that distance, they will be frozen to reduce server load. If someone is within 3500m, they will be unfrozen. This distance means that players who are driving or running into the mission or area will unfreeze the AI. If you TP in, it will take up to 30 second before it will actually unfreeze them, as one minute you're not there, then the next you are.

I run DMS, Occupation and A3XAI, and since figuring out the freeze settings and not TPing in, they're all running nicely

Advertisement

For some reason, when we first loaded it up, EVERY vehicle was moving, and i mean all the way across the map. So not sure how that was doing that, however a player ran into a hemmit, with a heli, he said he seen the hemmit, flew in and landed a ways infront and said they never unfroze. and all the AI laid down in the truck and went prone, and were invinsible, but were not shooting or anything, i even had time to load in from seeing that on rcon and load in and they were still there prone froze.

It just seems as SOON as i make ONE edit to the DMS, all assuden it cant find ANY of the .sql files in the web console. what can i NOT change?

DMS freezes AI by default in the config.sqf. Open it and search for "freeze" and you'll find it. Set it to false to disable it.

DMS does not use a single SQL file, it uses SQF if that's what you mean :) SQL is for databases. Eraser1 added freezing AI because it saves server performance a lot to not have 60+ AI moving around all the time like some servers do.

How are you changing the config? Changing value should hardly break the entire thing..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xDaVIRUS said:

So, im beyond frustrated.. and need some serious help. We finally got our server running just how we wanted it! DMS missions and A3XAI roaming all over, well today, i log on, and the AI is frozen, and wont move around. So i look into it, and see that i can unfreeze them and only them. Well as soon as i change that in the DMS config, and upload it, it breaks! cant find this .sql and that .sql please help!

all the config options in DMS are explained in the config.sqf. 

Instead of just throwing it on your system then complaining it doesn't work how you expected, read through the config.

1 hour ago, Defent said:

DMS freezes AI by default in the config.sqf. Open it and search for "freeze" and you'll find it. Set it to false to disable it.

DMS does not use a single SQL file, it uses SQF if that's what you mean :) SQL is for databases. Eraser1 added freezing AI because it saves server performance a lot to not have 60+ AI moving around all the time like some servers do.

How are you changing the config? Changing value should hardly break the entire thing..

Thanks for the reply, and sorry i did mean SQF.. Long night. Every time i change 1 value... like the freeze to from True to False, or vise versa, when launching the server, literally it says it cant find all these files,which makes no sense at all because right after that, i can take the pbo out of the server,and everything is still there..

26 minutes ago, second_coming said:

Instead of just throwing it on your system then complaining it doesn't work how you expected, read through the config.

Im not complaining, im simply frustrated, i know its not your scripts, or defents, im just trying to figure out why i cant change any config without my server going crazy and saying it cant find any of the sqf files and then doesnt load DMS/A3XAI upon server load.

33 minutes ago, second_coming said:

Firstly we did read through the config.

For example, i changed MaxBanditMission=3, to MaxBanditMission=4. I only changed one number, then DMS stopped working with /scripts/fn_AddMissionToMonitor.sqf not found

fn_AddMissionToMonitor_Static.sqf not found, and all the other sqf not found.

At first we thought this was an error in the PBO manager 1.4, but we checked the PBO file on the server and everything was there including the prefix. Checked spelling and format compared to the original file to. Definatly only changed one number. all =;. symbols still there

We re-read the config several times and are at a loss as to why this is happening. Thanks for expecting us just not to read anything btw.

So after that we put the original pbo back in, and it worked. Edited the original PBO and only changed the 3 to a 4 (making sure *not* to touch anything else). Packed into a PBO, made sure all files were in there and the PBO packing was correct. Put it into server, and then we just get the same errors with all the SQF files not being found.

Watched DaVirus through teamviewer, he put only one change which was freezing ai from true to false, and he got the same error (SQF files not found).

So we reverted back to default and currently cannot make any changes to DMS without getting the "SQF not found" error :(

Look forwards to a solution,

String_Relativity

fn_AddMissionToMonitor_Static.sqf not found, and all the other sqf not found.

These messages are caused by you not packing the PBO correctly. Make sure you have these files:

a01860c4f7.png

In your folder. 

The settings and DMS itself is not the issue why it does not start, you're simply packing it wrong :)

Make sure the path matches the file name. The prefix to the file a3_* gets ignored.

Here is how it can look:

945825bd8c.png

Here is how a raw folder would look:

aa120b4ceb.png

And how the prefix path should look:

49d192cafa.png

Edited by Defent

53 minutes ago, Defent said:

These messages are caused by you not packing the PBO correctly. /snip/

I am using the same PBO manager as you, once the file is ready, i right click the folder and select "Pack into .PBO"

Then i upload that PBO into the server. Anything i'm doing wrong to pack this in-correctly ? Something i am missing?

The original DMS we had working, i did not see the $pboprefix$, very confused. It still comes up with

4:57:11 "DMS_SpawnAIGroup :: Spawned 4 AI at [7217.44,11800.4,0]."  and we can see missions in -game

Got original DMS working on the server, downloaded file, and definatly don't have any of the files with $ before and after the name, yet it is currently working

Also did not know there was an incorrect way to pack a pbo. We've come so far with our new server. Only to get set back by something which should be very simple.

Thanks for the reply and the information. Will keep you posted on our progress.

EDIT: Got original DMS working on the server, downloaded file, and definatly don't have any of the files with $ before and after the name, yet it is currently working, not sure what is going on.

Edited by String_Relativity

Advertisement