onerodz

Loving Exile less than yesterday

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,  hi Eichi...

Exile is going in the right way, yes, is getting better in content, diversity and plenty of playable or things to do inside the vanilla mod.

For example, Base construction are getting nice and complex, making users stay in server for longer time playing. Same in the way to raid a base. Its very nice all of this exept the next:

I start in this community a while, and seeing the community is turning a little toxic. I mean, some of the modders in the community.

When i start in this community, i see something more, and better than EPOCH, a community with hunger of expand the modding of arma 3, community helping each other, combining knowledge and making addons better and free for everybody. People like me start here, seeing the codes of the creators, learning how to mod, making servers better, and interested in a future, create a mod and share with everybody here; but i see now is different.

I stop hosting my own server, after 2 months i came back to start from scratch, i see, some modders or a modder retired their mods and make them private, for example Torn with the TornZ2. after spend 3 hours reading people, asking help, how to install, where to get it, and asking why is private, i get one conclution. ExileMod is a rat lab for modders.

I see how they share the creation, they see how great people apply their mod, and after that BOOM... Privaticed and make next version just reacheable to THOSE servers that request a membership MONTHLY for enjoy a good server.

This is SAD, ExileMod and developers no have the fault, but this is affecting the mod. for real.

Exile is free... why is the meaning for ARMA 3 COMMUNITY, make mods private if they release the early version for free?

i can be a little confusing because english is not my languague.

I host a server right now because SPANISH people no have a decent server for them. And i support them making EXILE GREAT FOR THEM. A lot of time they get rejected for poorly management on server and ADMIN ABUSE. Just for languague.

I understand thinks like ANTICHEATS or ADMIN tools need to get paid for the time and hard coding, but if someone release a free mods, then create a second version private and delete the old one... THAT SHIT SUCKS.

Everybody know EXILE for the zombies, i can bet, 80% here on the community came from the FRANK exile video.

Theres no problem, if the EXILE team, can make their mod with zombies with the capacity of turn them OFF or ON for user preference. BREAK THE MONOPOLIZATION.

Im talking in behalf of a lot of people i hear ingame complaining a lot of how good servers of exile is getting unreacheable, Theres more peopla able to host a server than code, CODERS can make mods or addons and make money but please is release a free version why making private the second one? DONT USE US ( PEOPLE CAN HOST BUT NO CODE ) like lab rats. Some of us host for people cant pay and want the same experience.

thanks for the community, nice developers here.

im a prelians

----------

is hard to make namalsk.pbo have the concrete icon on map like altis in v0.9.8?

if somebody can show me i can make it for the community...!

• Like 3

Wow im really not share your opinion.

We scipters take hours of our lifetime to get our project running.

how are we able to? we learned it! you should so too!

So its just normal that you wouldn´t release youre latest script right?

cuz you want to be better than others right?

Thats a normal human behavior, if you like to script a server, you need to know how, without any tutorial or community!

still im a very kind one ;) 

visit me in ts i have namalsk server running with conctrete and stuff, and i will help you!

213.202.206.191:10125

Advertisement
12 minutes ago, [LSI]Madd3x said:

Wow im really not share your opinion.

We scipters take hours of our lifetime to get our project running.

how are we able to? we learned it! you should so too!

So its just normal that you wouldn´t release youre latest script right?

cuz you want to be better than others right?

Thats a normal human behavior, if you like to script a server, you need to know how, without any tutorial or community!

still im a very kind one ;) 

visit me in ts i have namalsk server running with conctrete and stuff, and i will help you!

213.202.206.191:10125

Normaly I would agree with you but a zombie script is something different.

He is talking about exile adding a zombie script, which would would add another huge feature for exile that alot of players would like or why even alot of players started with exile. (the whole fucking arma hype started with arma 2 DAYZ)

And since we know that Exile are AWESOME in coding/designing, the zombies would be really well made.

4 hours ago, Xanto said:

Normaly I would agree with you but a zombie script is something different.

He is talking about exile adding a zombie script, which would would add another huge feature for exile that alot of players would like or why even alot of players started with exile. (the whole fucking arma hype started with arma 2 DAYZ)

And since we know that Exile are AWESOME in coding/designing, the zombies would be really well made.

The problem is that the zombie thing is over used. I know there are mods out there that have zombies, but they have their issues. The Arma 3 engine is not the best for stuff like that. Hell even normal AI mods have problems sometimes.

I'm not saying the Exile devs couldn't pull it off, but the major limitation here is the engine. And with things ever evolving around this engine it could work 1 update and not the next. This would leave them with hours of troubleshooting/testing to get everything back to normal. Besides the idea behind Exile is that it's a framework for you to do which you want. You can literally override almost every portion of their code in some form or fashion.

Bottom line is if you want zombies, use 1 of the available mods or come up with your own for you server.

No. Zombies. Please.

:)

Absence of Z's is one of two main reasons I play Exile. It seems that ever since DayZ, everywhere I look there are zombies popping out. Enough already :)

• Like 1

Advertisement