devilFaust

Moving spawn zone

10 posts in this topic

I want to shift a spawn zone a little bit so it doesn't run into a radiation zone I'm making. 

There is no other setting other than the mission.sqm file correct?

Just change the marker position's coordinates and I'm gtg? 

(I'm probably over thinking this, but for example Radiation areas need to be added to to the config.ccp, and then the marker location to the mission.sqm)

Sorry if it's a dumb question.

You are correct, the coordinates in the mission.sqm are all you need to change.

Remember, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

• Like 4

Advertisement
On 4.7.2016 at 7:01 PM, devilFaust said:

Excellent, thanks for the confirmation.

You can also use the ingame Editor to replace the markers. Makes it much easier i guess.

It IS easy as it always has been. Just place some items in the editor where you want the spawn zones. Export those items and put the coordinates in the mission.sqm. You can also use Infistar to write your present location to the log and get them from there. 

the new exile_3den editor makes all this so much easier and so much more fun.

just create an eclipse marker and double click on it to bring the attribute editor up. No build zones, contamination zones, spawn zones...

All right at your finger tips. Super handy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, devilFaust said:

the new exile_3den editor makes all this so much easier and so much more fun.

just create an eclipse marker and double click on it to bring the attribute editor up. No build zones, contamination zones, spawn zones...

All right at your finger tips. Super handy.

I tried that but couldn't figure it out. I wish there was a detailed post about it. Like where you put the editor that they released, how you create a marker, etc. What I've found so far assumes you are familiar with the Eden editor so I just stuck with my tried and true methods.

The main things I've divined from testing:

Put your exile_3din.pbo and bitsign in the @exile plugins folder but move it out again before you log into your server or you'll get kicked. Alternatively you can set it up as it's own stand alone mod in it's own mod folder.

Put your un-pbo'd exile.altis (or whatever map) in your documents folder under MPmissions

Delete info from the mission.sqf so it's empty

Go in and do your edits and save your mission in non binary format. From there it's just a lot of cut and paste in your working mission.sqf and your initServer.sqf

Last night I made a destroyed spooky swamp base (also radioactive) on my altis map.

base.jpg

19 hours ago, devilFaust said:

Go in and do your edits

That's the problem. I've never used eden editor. I have no idea how to do things like placing the markers you need to create the different zones, how to create the Russian roulette table, etc... 

Advertisement