StonedReality

[SOLVED] Windows 10 for a dedi server?

8 posts in this topic

I currently run my server on Windows 8, was thinking of upgrading to Windows 10 before the free upgrade runs out.

Has anyone got a server running on Windows 10?  Any issues I need to be aware of?

Edited by StonedReality

Advertisement

One consideration is that using Windows 10 Home does not allow for RDP. If you are using Windows 10 on a dedibox, youll have to manage it via whatever Hypervisor you are using, or TeamViewer XX. Otherwise, if you have 10 Pro, no worries.

Make sure you stop all unneeded services and processes like print spooler, ect ect to save system resources.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GamersRoost said:

One consideration is that using Windows 10 Home does not allow for RDP. If you are using Windows 10 on a dedibox, youll have to manage it via whatever Hypervisor you are using, or TeamViewer XX. Otherwise, if you have 10 Pro, no worries.

Make sure you stop all unneeded services and processes like print spooler, ect ect to save system resources.

I use 10 pro .. and manage it from my computer room in my house :) no need for rdp etc .. if I need a reboot I do it via my cell phone.. can't get to it at work.. firewall stops that.
Thanks to our Local Power Company  ( EPB ) I have gigabit fiber, but I also have other boxes with server 2010 and linux but they do other things .. it's good to be IT Pro :) 

My main server is on windows 10 VPS.

No issues or problems related. Following the official Exile Server Instalation Guide its all ok.

Advertisement