BetterDeadThanZed

Armed vehicles can fire in safezones

Question

11 answers to this question

Advertisement

Hi im new to scripting but isnt this an easy fix?  We can just simply put safezone object in the safezone to overlap with regular safezone to prevent car hmg from firing

The way that the safezones are setup right now. It is very hard to prevent vehicle fire. Because when a player gets in a vehicle inside a safezone, the Fire Event stays with the player. Will need to implement a while loop method, where it checks vehicle player instead of just player. 

The way that the safezones are setup right now. It is very hard to prevent vehicle fire. Because when a player gets in a vehicle inside a safezone, the Fire Event stays with the player. Will need to implement a while loop method, where it checks vehicle player instead of just player. 

I guess the safe zone is written a bit differently than the safe zone scripts for A2? With A2, it's no problem to prevent vehicle fire. This is really the biggest hurdle preventing me from opening my server to the public. Well, that and I'm waiting for Arma 3 1.52 and the next version of Exile.

I guess the safe zone is written a bit differently than the safe zone scripts for A2? With A2, it's no problem to prevent vehicle fire. This is really the biggest hurdle preventing me from opening my server to the public. Well, that and I'm waiting for Arma 3 1.52 and the next version of Exile.

Yes, Most A2 Safezones use While Loops to check:

• If player is in a safezone
  • If player is in a vehicle
  • If player is not in a vehicle
  • etc

Exile Safezones just trigger 2 functions, Leave and Enter and it doesnt actively check for player to get inside a vehicle. 

Yes, Most A2 Safezones use While Loops to check:

• If player is in a safezone
  • If player is in a vehicle
  • If player is not in a vehicle
  • etc

Exile Safezones just trigger 2 functions, Leave and Enter and it doesnt actively check for player to get inside a vehicle. 

Well then, I hope this is something the devs fix for the next version.

Advertisement