Sign in to follow this  
B00M

Base Building: Ladders/ & Additional Snap Points

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Love the work you are doing so far for the concrete buildings, especially the lockable floor/ceiling hatch and shutter windows. I was wondering, can we maybe get a smaller hatch with some ladders? Ramps and stairs take up so much space internally, would be great to have something a little more... space efficient. Also, how about some embrasure walls (narrow slits to shoot out of)?

Another thing that has bugging me for ages but should be easy to fix... Snap points! Could we get some snap points added to the top and bottom of walls (including the 1/2 walls) as we currently can only snap to the top of full walls/doors/windows but not the bottom and not at all on 1/2 walls.

Much appreciated, B00M.

@Eichi

Base camping is already annoying enough why u wanna keep buffing them ? if there is a  tower base near a mission i hope everytime that no one is looking at us while we do it but unfortunately most of the time theres someone inside and then a short mission is instantly a base raid that takes 1 hour because u cant kill all of them inside...

There are too much Tower bases on our server in the middle of cherno between missions so we need to deal with them on every 2. mission and then to keep buffing them would be hilarious but u can easy build small gaps where u can shoot through urself.

Smaller building parts and snap points are desirable but not really needed ... but i think a ladder which u could snap together to a long one where u can grind/slip (because climbing a arma ladder down takes ages) down would be fkng awesome :D 

Edited by Requzz

Advertisement

If you really want to have slit windows: make a wall with a window in it, and place two walls close enough so that there's just a slit left.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough. Place the windowed wall, the put two more walls on either side of the window opening (or just one, if you're trying to save parts) and just leave a slit.

Edited by UBEChief

3 hours ago, Requzz said:

Base camping is already annoying enough why u wanna keep buffing them ? if there is a  tower base near a mission i hope everytime that no one is looking at us while we do it but unfortunately most of the time theres someone inside and then a short mission is instantly a base raid that takes 1 hour because u cant kill all of them inside...

There are too much Tower bases on our server in the middle of cherno between missions so we need to deal with them on every 2. mission and then to keep buffing them would be hilarious but u can easy build small gaps where u can shoot through urself.

Smaller building parts and snap points are desirable but not really needed ... but i think a ladder which u could snap together to a long one where u can grind/slip (because climbing a arma ladder down takes ages) down would be fkng awesome :D 

I'm not quite sure how this post relates to base camping?

Smaller building parts and snap points are much more than desirable, they would be immensely helpful to make more custom styled bases. The ladders would be ideal :-)

15 minutes ago, B00M said:

I'm not quite sure how this post relates to base camping?

Smaller building parts and snap points are much more than desirable, they would be immensely helpful to make more custom styled bases. The ladders would be ideal :-)

Yeah ur right but i dont understand why u dont understand what i mean ^^  

If they would add a wall that has really small  gaps which u could upgrade so u cant shoot through the wooden wall so enemys from 

outside NEED to hit u through the small gap .... how are u supposed to kill 2-3 guys in a big tower base with alot of that walls where u barely can see them with a good scope...

and Ubechief just explained u how u can do it urself, but u need 3 building parts for one small gap.

I also mentioned that you could also use just 2 parts - lemme make a few screenshots to illustrate what I mean. Give me a little while :3

EDIT: Got pics :D

Okay, this is while I was in Eden Editor, so forgive me if it's not actually showing the wood and all that jazz, as well as not being 100% aligned:20160609151922_1.thumb.jpg.5a14443767191

This one is with two parts: one Window, one Wall. You can see the slit left behind (and if not, feel free to maximize the pic, this is in 1080p :P). The gap is wide enough for a rifle (and pistol, by extension) to be fired through.

20160609151931_1.thumb.jpg.8e79052127065

This one is with three parts: one Window, two Walls. Slit still seen and usable.

Now feel free to use this new bit of knowledge to create your own slit windows! :D

Edited by UBEChief

12 hours ago, UBEChief said:

I also mentioned that you could also use just 2 parts - lemme make a few screenshots to illustrate what I mean. Give me a little while :3

EDIT: Got pics :D

Okay, this is while I was in Eden Editor, so forgive me if it's not actually showing the wood and all that jazz, as well as not being 100% aligned:20160609151922_1.thumb.jpg.5a14443767191

This one is with two parts: one Window, one Wall. You can see the slit left behind (and if not, feel free to maximize the pic, this is in 1080p :P). The gap is wide enough for a rifle (and pistol, by extension) to be fired through.

20160609151931_1.thumb.jpg.8e79052127065

This one is with three parts: one Window, two Walls. Slit still seen and usable.

Now feel free to use this new bit of knowledge to create your own slit windows! :D

Oh yeah, for sure. I know it can be done, but 3 parts for one function is a waste of pieces. I build small bases with low parts, so I try to avoid things like this. However in the past I have done the above, with the added addition of a door that opens inwards.

Well, it could be two walls, one window, or just keep overlapping window walls for lots of slits :D

EDIT: moar pics :P

20160610063743_1.thumb.jpg.b4f39718bbf7d

Edited by UBEChief

1 hour ago, Sgt Smash said:

i like putting a 1/3 wall over the top half of the window so you have abit more view left and right

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/478879292344257969/551C6911B35CF4E5E13097AD44F7C06B051FB0F7/

P.s check out the kill distance a npc got in side chat lol

5.2km?! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

But yeah, that's a good setup there, Smash :3

Edited by UBEChief

Advertisement