UBEChief

A need to make boating/diving more viable

6 posts in this topic

As it stands, there isn't much to do out on the water while playing Exile. Using the shipwrecks already available to turn them into something worth diving for (e.g. treasure chests/boxes from Epoch), water patrols/missions (I have no idea if that's locked to server scripts/missions or Exile mod itself) or something for players to do in general would be a neat thing to do, imo.

• Like 2

My favorite thing to do in Altis life was dive for the wrecks. I racked up about $150,000 from gems. The run from the gem trader to the closest ATM was the most nerve racking thing I've done in any Arma mod to date. With the inclusion of physical pop-tabs I imagine the same kinds of scenarios and I think this is a great idea. 

Advertisement

Now that I think on it, this could be a way to make gambling more viable in the long run - people go out on risky expeditions for gems, gold and the like, and sell them for tabs to use on gambling - in addition to the risk of carrying physical tabs with you.

• Like 1

I'd like more opinions on this, as this could let people have underwater battles, using the SDAR, SDV, wetsuits and goggles more often, adding even greater risk in PvP servers for those who want to dive for treasure.

Bump, Is there a way to make underwater looting work without using a towing mod? I.E. the "take" scroll wheel option as used in Epoch for underwater looting?

On 6/1/2016 at 10:58 PM, Surefire said:

My favorite thing to do in Altis life was dive for the wrecks. I racked up about $150,000 from gems. The run from the gem trader to the closest ATM was the most nerve racking thing I've done in any Arma mod to date. With the inclusion of physical pop-tabs I imagine the same kinds of scenarios and I think this is a great idea. 

Hah I liked doing that too but I racked up enough to buy like 3 or 4 houses, later on I forgot to login for a month and lost it all but it was really fun stealthing to the ATM, a few times this terrorist group would come with a chopper and try to waste me while I was diving, had to swim back to land a few times.

Advertisement