RetardMagnet

"New" PC for A3

19 posts in this topic

Been doubting for a while to buy either a "new" car or PC. And by new i ofcourse mean second hand.
And as i don't have the time or the patients anymore to build one from scratch, i'm thinkin about buying a prebuild system.

My current specs are:

AMD X6 1075T
Asus M4A77T
RoG R280X Matrix 3GB
120GB Evo SSD
3TB HDD
Noname psu

On the current server with Chernarus i get around 30/40 fps, with the occasional dip in big cities. Already tried every tweak there is, it won't get any better. I will take the SSD/HDD/GPU from this system if needed.

I found a few systems i like.

Intel Xeon X5670 6 Core, 12MB Cache op 4.1GHz (Stock 2.93GHz )
Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B met Thermalright Chill Factor 3
Asus SABERTOOTH X58
12GB DDR3 1600mhz (tripple channel)
Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD Windforce 2GB GDDR5.
Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Corsair Vengeance C70 (2x Scythe Slip Stream fans)
Cooler Master Silent Pro M700 semi modulair
€575

Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core @ 3,3GHz-3,7GHz
Asus P8P67 EVO Socket 1155 met Intel P67 chipset
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 (kit van 2) @ 1.600Mhz
Cooler Master V8
EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked 1,5GB GDDR5
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (SATA-600) @ 540/520MB/s
2x WD Blue 320GB
Corsair Gaming GS800 800W
Cooler Master Centurion 5
€475

Intel i5 4460 l, 3,2 GHZ, 6mb catch
GIGABYTE G1.Sniper B5 - LGA1150
8GB Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB DDR3
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X (3 fans, waarvan de middelste niet meer draait)
Crucial MX100 256GB
Seagate 7200rpm 1000GB
Fractal Design D4
Seasonic 520 80+ Bronze ATX 12V
€550

The first one has the best single core performance, and that's very good for A3, but the other 2 are a bit more recent i think. I've been out of the ict world for a while now, so i don't know wich one is the best choice.

Edited by RetardMagnet

I would get a few more reviews on the builds but from experience AMD cpus don't tend to run Arma as well as Intel chipsets do. These three are all intel which is good, but I would see if there are any tools to lookup to see what you would be getting with these setups. 

Might be useful: 

CPU:

http://cpuboss.com/

Graphics:

http://gpuboss.com/

Edited by Andrew_S90

Advertisement

the gpu in the first two are shit, the R9 290 in the 3rd is still a decent card.

To be honest in Chernarus the frames will drop whatever your system though.

I wouldn't touch an AMD CPU though.

• Like 1

from arma to arma 3 gpu doesn't make a huge difference (unless your running a really crap gpu) get a  gtx970 dont get the 980ti with the new 1080 out.

i dont like ATI had to many problems with drivers not only for arma but other games and nvida shadowplay  is great free recording software also 12gig of ram min and ssd try for a m.2 as its a must for arma loading.

arma is all about the cpu i5k or i7k skylake arma loves cpu being overclocked arma doesnt like amd alot the main thing for arma is to add launch parameters IE.-cpuCount= -exThreads=- -high -maxMem= -noPause -noSplash -world=empty etc etc.

1 hour ago, Slycone said:

from arma to arma 3 gpu doesn't make a huge difference (unless your running a really crap gpu) get a  gtx970 dont get the 980ti with the new 1080 out.

i dont like ATI had to many problems with drivers not only for arma but other games and nvida shadowplay  is great free recording software also 12gig of ram min and ssd try for a m.2 as its a must for arma loading.

arma is all about the cpu i5k or i7k skylake arma loves cpu being overclocked arma doesnt like amd alot the main thing for arma is to add launch parameters IE.-cpuCount= -exThreads=- -high -maxMem= -noPause -noSplash -world=empty etc etc.

AMD GPUs perform better in Arma as they don't get bogged down with all the Physx shit that is built into Nvidia cards.

With regards to everyone recommending new gear, he is clearly looking at second hand systems so recommending buying brand new gear looks like it isn't an option. We all know an i7 6700k and 1080GTX would be best but you also need to sell a lung to be able to afford it.

• Like 1

sorry but no amd doesnt perform in arma well at all i went from amd fx to i5k and saw close to 20% better fps and no stuttering with same gen cpu's iam unsure why anyone would buy 2nd hand gear it itsnt much cheaper than new stuff even if its old gen gear

I said GPU

The R9 290 in the system for 550 Euros is almost as good as the GTX970 and still sells for around 300 Euros.

You will be very hard pushed to get a new system that even comes close to that for 550

Edited by second_coming

Advertisement