Blacksheep

infiStar: Idea for a feature: Kick for VIP / Admin

9 posts in this topic

Hi Chris,

what about this feature:

Let us assume we have a 20 slots server and the owner would like to ensure that VIP's or Admins can always logon. So infiStar have for example a variable MAX_PLAYERS which we could set in this example to 15 and further slots can only be used if the UID is either Whitelisted or in the Admin lists. If 15 players are online and a player joins without whitelisting / admin uid he should be kicked with a configurable message like "Sorry, only reseverd slots are available!".

If technically possible we could also think about kicking the last joined player for Admins / VIPs.

Regards

Blacksheep

Edited by Blacksheep

Hey

well things like that are kind of possible... not sure if it's good network wise for the game-server if xxxx people join per hour just to get booted off :-/

also when just using the arma function, the kick/ban message can't be changed (at least I have not come across that yet)

maybe when changing client side files / having a client side mod, maybe that's something I need to talk with Grim/Bastian about :)

Advertisement

Well, that is an argument... Do you see any other possibility to keep some slots free without driving users pissed off? I guess the server list will display the configured slots. Any workaround to just display the slots we want to show as available?

On 5/30/2016 at 9:10 AM, Blacksheep said:

Hi Chris,

what about this feature:

Let us assume we have a 20 slots server and the owner would like to ensure that VIP's or Admins can always logon. So infiStar have for example a variable MAX_PLAYERS which we could set in this example to 15 and further slots can only be used if the UID is either Whitelisted or in the Admin lists. If 15 players are online and a player joins without whitelisting / admin uid he should be kicked with a configurable message like "Sorry, only reseverd slots are available!".

If technically possible we could also think about kicking the last joined player for Admins / VIPs.

Regards

Blacksheep

Why not just use BEC? It does exactly what you are asking for.

Another Server is running on Windows (in a KVM on top of Linux). But my hope is that sometimes in the future Linux Binarys of Arma3 runs perfromant as under Windows ;)

Anyhow, for Windows I am currently implementing BEC.

So if my Idea is not that good (e.g. infiStar could replace BEC) we may close this thread. IMHO i would prefer to have all in one tool instad of using several ones.

Advertisement