Mr Sin

[SOLVED] DDOS Protection. Does what it says on the tin?

Question

I have a question for any/all hosts that would be willing to provide an honest answer for. How effective is/are your anti-ddos protection?

I rent a dedicated server from a popular host, which advertises said anti-ddos protection. However, someone has a grudge against us, and has been attacking us recently. I have spoken with my host and they have told me that if it is a large attack, there is nothing they can do to stop it.

I would also like to hear from other community members that have been victims of ddos attacks and what they did/are doing to combat it. 

Mr Sin

Edit: If anyone has done something to prevent ddos attacks and doesn't feel comfortable sharing in the public forum, feel free to PM in confidence.

Edited by Mr Sin

15 answers to this question

On 21/5/2016 at 4:31 PM, Valthos™ said:

Its called free speech if you don't like it feel free to leave.

ive done far more from this Mod than some nobody like you.

you got the "Free speech" even me as a dane know your saying it wrong your just saying it as a excuse overall

"free speach" dos mean "Freedom of Speech does NOT mean that a person can say whatever they want to say freedom of Speech means that someone's right to say something is protected within certain limits a person may have to suffer consequences for saying some things but they still have the right to say them for example it is against the law to yell "ive got a bomb" in a crowded place because someone may get injured a person has the right to say it but they also have the consequences."

so basic your beeing rude and arrogant and so is he 

Advertisement
49 minutes ago, Valthos™ said:

zare.co.uk 

ask for Jordon tell him i sent you. 

Problem solved.

OP asked for discussion. not some cheap shameless advertisement coming from an overly show off person.

2 hours ago, Valthos™ said:

haha gtfo out of here you douche. 

Zare has the best EU side DDOS protection which is what hes looking for, Go troll somewhere else.

You think I am trolling you ? Go look at your profile. Its nothing but your selfish posts. 

Spoiler

r3ZYopX.png

iM9NDik.png

fxZgUcE.png

d5dyEKp.png

You treat everybody like you run this place. No one likes to see that.

On 5/21/2016 at 8:31 AM, Valthos™ said:

Its called free speech if you don't like it feel free to leave.

ive done far more from this Mod than some nobody like you.

Just to be fair, free speech doesn't apply on a privately owned forum. Do you think this is some sort of government here? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Just to be fair, free speech doesn't apply on a privately owned forum. Do you think this is some sort of government here? 

well this entire thing exists because of donor's did you forget yours ?

also your 1 of the people i detest. Half your server stuff is stolen from Hollow over @ Omicidal.

what a joker.

Edited by Valthos™
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2016 at 10:44 AM, Valthos™ said:

well this entire thing exists because of donor's did you forget yours ?

also your 1 of the people i detest. Half your server stuff is stolen from Hollow over @ Omicidal.

what a joker.

Sure donors help, but at the end of the day, a privately owned forum/business is not a venue that has to support free speech and a donation doesn't support entitlement. Unless I got something wrong here, you donate because you like the work being done, not because it should give you free speech, and it doesn't.

On 5/25/2016 at 10:44 AM, Valthos™ said:

Half your server stuff is stolen from Hollow over @ Omicidal.

Yeah, last I checked, I used one piece of code from Omnicidal, which isn't even the same anymore. Anyway, last I checked, 1=/= half when I have 30+ scripts. You're barking up the wrong tree if you think you would tug at my heart strings by making a comment like that. I simply don't care. Period.

To top it all off, I wasn't even attacking you, I was just simply pointing out that a privately held forum does not have to support free speech and you felt the need to immediately attack. You my friend, cannot take any criticism, which is a bad flaw to have. 

Calm down and drink some tea.

Edited by Lunchbox

On 5/20/2016 at 0:38 PM, Mr Sin said:

I have a question for any/all hosts that would be willing to provide an honest answer for. How effective is/are your anti-ddos protection?

I rent a dedicated server from a popular host, which advertises said anti-ddos protection. However, someone has a grudge against us, and has been attacking us recently. I have spoken with my host and they have told me that if it is a large attack, there is nothing they can do to stop it.

I would also like to hear from other community members that have been victims of ddos attacks and what they did/are doing to combat it. 

Mr Sin

Edit: If anyone has done something to prevent ddos attacks and doesn't feel comfortable sharing in the public forum, feel free to PM in confidence.

To answer the question of yours since no one answered it, other than to advertise his buddies anti DDoS' services and shit on everyone.

The answer is: Depends.

DDos attacks come in all shapes and sizes. No matter how much DDos protection you have, if the attack is large enough, no company or protection can stop it. You'll just have to weather it, like a bad storm.

All DDoS protection does for you, is stop a small fry from taking down your server on a whim, that's all. 

Edited by Lunchbox

Advertisement