Kibbz

Out of Memory Errors

12 posts in this topic

This only started happening recently, but our Arma 3 Exile server continues to crash with out of memory errors. The server used to run fine on 8GB, I've since increased it to 32GB and even attempted to move it to different hardware and yet we are still having the issue. It's completely random and can happen after an hour, or 12 hours, and not to sure what's going on in the RPT Logs either.

https://paste.ee/p/Y924w - Link to the most recent RPT

Mods we currently use:
DMS
VEMF Reloaded
AI Occupation
Extended Base

Any Ideas?

Edited by Kibbz
  • Like 1

We have the same problem, since 2 or 3 days our server is crashing randomly with out of memory error -  the only addons we both use is DMS

Fault time: 2016/05/11 22:52:50
Fault address:  01A4345F 01:00E0245F C:\Arma\Server\arma3server.exe
file:     Exile (__cur_mp)
world:    Altis
Prev. code bytes: 8B 54 C8 04 85 D2 74 0C 8D 42 04 B9 01 00 00 00
Fault code bytes: F0 0F C1 08 89 57 04 85 F6 74 14 8D 46 04 83 CA

Registers:
EAX:00000005 EBX:00000000
ECX:00000001 EDX:00000001
ESI:00000000 EDI:0280EF64
CS:EIP:0023:01A4345F
SS:ESP:002B:0280EF34  EBP:046C0298
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00210202

Advertisement

We arnt directly getting the memory error anymore.

****Correction- no error spamming. 

Our Server Administrator will reply with more detail.

Edited by TehG00SE

9 minutes ago, TehG00SE said:

We arnt directly getting the memory error anymore but logs are still being spammed with errors. We are looking for replacement mods as of now.

The errors are not caused by Occupation, however the Memory leak we were getting has been solved. It appears Vehicle or Helicopter spawning may be the culprit. We disabled those features first, and the memory errors went away. We updated the mod, and have since not had an issue, however we are looking for a replacement because the AI in Occupation don't seem to do anything. The AI Stand around until engaged, unless they are directly facing you, they don't attack. You can sneak up on them from a mile away, where as the A3XAI engage/react almost immediately.  

For example, I can open a door to a building, and have 6 ai in the building. However if all 6 have their backs to me, I can kill each one before they can turn around and react. Something you may want to look into. We are continuing to use it for now as a Static spawner, because that works great and was easy to setup. 

Thanks for the quick response second_coming

So I removed DMS, A3XAI and VEMF and CUPS, RHS and NATO.... still getting the memory kick with just HVP and DP Exile Addons.  Guess its time to go vanilla and start over. I will say if I run InfiSTAR I get memory crash as admin within 5 min, but without it I get memory crash once or twice per restart.

Does anyone know if I started fresh, would I need to wipe the database, is it possible the bug could reside in corrupted data somehow?

1 hour ago, Kingdom said:

So I removed DMS, A3XAI and VEMF and CUPS, RHS and NATO.... still getting the memory kick with just HVP and DP Exile Addons.  Guess its time to go vanilla and start over. I will say if I run InfiSTAR I get memory crash as admin within 5 min, but without it I get memory crash once or twice per restart.

Does anyone know if I started fresh, would I need to wipe the database, is it possible the bug could reside in corrupted data somehow?

I doubt the bug is based in your Database. From the research I did while I had the issue, the memory leaks seems to originate for mods that handle AI Spawning, as they are constantly running checks and balances. No idea what HVP or DP is, but if they handle ANY kind of spawning..vehicles, ai, traders, etc...try disabling those and see if it works. 

From my troubleshooting, it was without a doubt a code error in Occupation that has since been fixed. DMS, VEMF, and NATO shouldn't be causing the issue unless you are on an old outdated version. I've heard RHS is buggy, but that should also not cause the issue, along with CUPS as those are content mods and have nothing to do with spawning. A3XAI is pretty solid so won't be there either. 

Advertisement