Jimlad

What will happen to the casual player?

37 posts in this topic

Hi all,

with the new changes comes as in the money system and lack of banks what will happen to the casual player? i have a few friends who play exile, but due to work and 'real life' only get a chance to play once or twice a month, i was wondering what will happen to their money or money they earn ? as clearly most servers require you to have a flag that your pay for on a weekly basis to store stuff?

i am a bit concerned that group of 'casual' players will just quit as this change seems to be forcing you to play or lose your lot ???

Rent due time is decided by the owner of the server, I for one have mine set monthly. so technically it comes down to the player finding that server that suits them, like most things ARMA. 

Could do a tent setup in a bush, there are many ideas or ways to survive a change. 

Edited by William =D

Advertisement

wooden boxes can be build without a flag. you could place stuff there. Put your money in there, do your thing, and before you log out you  take all your money from the crate and pack it up in your backpack. Log in, place crate, fill with money. Log out, take money and crate. Etc etc

1 hour ago, Jimlad said:

Hi all,

with the new changes comes as in the money system and lack of banks what will happen to the casual player? i have a few friends who play exile, but due to work and 'real life' only get a chance to play once or twice a month, i was wondering what will happen to their money or money they earn ? as clearly most servers require you to have a flag that your pay for on a weekly basis to store stuff?

i am a bit concerned that group of 'casual' players will just quit as this change seems to be forcing you to play or lose your lot ???

Our rent is due every 14 days UNLESS you let the server owner (me) know. For people that are away for extended periods of time i set their playeruid in an array so the payments are not due for XXX days.

As for casual players, this mod is best suited for that playstyle. Get a safe, plant it in the woods store your money, and profit. Otherwise pack it into your backpack and log out, Gypsy style!

The upcoming currency change has nothing that will affect any playstyle except the "chain spawning RDM Players that could care less about tabs cause they are safe in ether" players.

25 minutes ago, ynpMOOSE said:

I thought free-range safes unlocked themselves?

Also something set by the server owners if I remember correctly. Though I may be wrong.

26 minutes ago, CrazyCorky said:

Also something set by the server owners if I remember correctly. Though I may be wrong.

Not sure if it's for on a territory or not, but there is a config line for abandoned safes

AFAIK safes unlock in non-territories when they have not been accessed within a certain number of days. I think in vanilla its three days.

Advertisement