Zeito

[Solved] I must have something wrong

12 posts in this topic

I followed the guide put up by @S. to put together a server for my friends and I to play on and mess around on. It runs like a dream and I managed to get it set up, add a few mods like DMS and Occupation. But i must have either massively missed something with BattleEye, or there's something weird going on.

None of us have ever been kicked for a restriction, or anything like that. Yet I've not touched any filters. BattleEye = 1; is in my @ExileServer\config.cfg but i'm assuming there's more to it than that?

I currently don't have infistar, so what hoping BE would somewhat prevent some cheating (server is public-facing).

Am i some kind of crazy genius who has managed to avoid running into filters, or have i missed the mark big time and battleeye isn't doing squat?

My money is on the latter.

I think you may find battleye is not loading the filters from were you want it to whats your start up prams and were are your filters located ?

Edit. Saying that if its just  DMS and Occupation and you do not have it offloading ai to client or your ai don't fire rpg's you might be ok

Advertisement

@JamieKG @second_coming I'm not sure - i've not changed anything related to BE. I do have a server\battleye\scripts.txt with all sorts of entries in it.

I am just using DMS and Occupation, AI have launchers, use them, and i can pick them up and use them too. I even added them to traders (though buying the launcher just takes the money but not a big deal) and they work fine.

I have just stuck ZCP on for a a laugh so i suppose i'll see if theres any BE weirdness going on when i next join.

If your server is using the -profiles= launch peramater, then your battleye folder should be located inside of the name of -profiles. if you don't use -profiles= then you should :P and just put the filters inside the battleye folder generated inside of the profile name.

40 minutes ago, second_coming said:

Occupation doesn't require BE filters editing and I don't think DMS does either.

if a AI fires a rpg that is offloaded to a client ?

10 minutes ago, †RiH† StokesMagee said:

If your server is using the -profiles= launch peramater, then your battleye folder should be located inside of the name of -profiles. if you don't use -profiles= then you should :P and just put the filters inside the battleye folder generated inside of the profile name.

Aha, I am using that param, but i dont think the folder is under the profile, it's just in the server root.

17 minutes ago, †RiH† StokesMagee said:

it should be

I'll move it over and see how it goes, i imagine i'll start getting kicked for all sorts!

11 minutes ago, second_coming said:

I've not known it cause problems but who knows :D

I have the offloadtoClient enabled in DMS and i dont think it's caused any issues so far!

Advertisement