Gurkha

Exile Cars and Trucks

15 posts in this topic

Hello mates, I played Exile a bit (a lot) and had a few things that for me (IRL) dont make sense.

Exile is a survival game that makes us eat and drink like "IRL", does us fight for weapons or territory control as "IRL", make us group together or be lone wolves as "IRL" , but in the matter of cars or Trucks doesn't make us like "IRL", first point a Truck has far more cargo than a car... it is like it is, and is what makes a truck sometimes more reliable than a car, thats why they exist, they can Haul more cargo than a car, so lets pretend that a car has 2000 cargo but a truck has 15000 cargo, you start to think, well I can go do that mission but I cant haul every stuff properly, but If I bring a truck or a van (lets put a middle in both worlds) I could haul better and bring to sell or store..or whatever... 

Exile and some addons dont look at it that way, Mods like MAS Vehicles has 10000 cargo.. car or truck doesnt matter, RHS I think its 3000, no matter if it is a car or Truck.. CUP (the bugged MOD that pretends to be the perfect) pls geez... dont mention, Ambulances that reach 170 Km/h and cars that dont pass 130... yes ambulances are pretended to be fast, not when both have the same Land Rover engine.

But Exile has his own vehicles, you could add more content in the game just doing that, and Groups, Clans or Comunities (or whatever you want to name it)  would try to use trucks over 2 or 3 cars

In these days do any of u choose a truck over a car? If u do... sorry

I see where you are coming from with this issue, however, it is not something that the exile dev team can fix (AFAIK). The vehicles that you are referring to are all form mods other than exile, if you would like them to be balanced with exile values, then you would need to ask the mod authors to change the cargo capacity in the vehicles, but considering that this is only to help exile compatibility it would be most likely that they wouldn't really have the time to change these, unless of course they are avid exile supporters. 

An alternative to this issue would be to create derivative of the mod (If their licencing allows it) that are better balanced to the issue. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 1

Advertisement

Maybe the Exile devs can mod stock arma vehicles and implement them in the mod?

Like for instance lowering top speed on the hunter or increasing the capacity on the offroad.

All vehicles should fit a role and offer some sort of trade off.

So its not like Lets give the truck(offroad?) more capacity then a regular car.

All vehicles should have benefits at one point and negatives at other attributes.

This is just basic balancing that also applies to weapons.

Right now there arent any Vehicle mods that acctualy offer this quality and only offer quantity.

So with cars you should make a choice between Armor,speed or carrying capacity .

Weapons should only excel in Range,firerate or consealability(supressed).

Maybe at one point this wil be adressed in Exile but for now i am just happy with the content we have.

It would be nice if someone created a car,weapon & clothing mod that was specifically aimed at Exile

eg. mostly unarmed beaten up pieces of crap vehicles

low tech weapons (ak's, pistols, shotguns, hunting rifles)

normal civilian clothing

Having one single download that is relatively small would help the Exile community massively

• Like 5

1 hour ago, second_coming said:

It would be nice if someone created a car,weapon & clothing mod that was specifically aimed at Exile

normal civilian clothing

Having one single download that is relatively small would help the Exile community massively

+1 

if only there was that super hero to save us all! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, second_coming said:

normal civilian clothing

A dedicated Exile mod pack, ideally combining some additional weapons, items and vehicles be great and would help in the fight against fragmenting the community and servers.  I agree that it should stay within the theme of the game, but realistically I think this wouldnt necessary reduce additional 3rd party ARMA mod packs being used so I'd say put some of the more military grade stuff in there too , otherwise such a mod would just become "another A3 mod" to add on, as with the 6 or so you have to pre-install to join a server now. 

• Like 1

*cough cough* port origins vehicles from A2 *cough cough*

But seriously, wish I had half a clue on how to do this. Would be a nice addition to have a nice pack without all of the wack attachment dupes and some vehicles that fit the scene.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2016 at 10:48 PM, oSoDirty said:

*cough cough* port origins vehicles from A2 *cough cough*

But seriously, wish I had half a clue on how to do this. Would be a nice addition to have a nice pack without all of the wack attachment dupes and some vehicles that fit the scene.

Origins guys probably wouldn't let ya :P

It doesnt have to be a lot of content ether.

Re-skin the current vehicles,ad some mad max armored and armed vehicles.

Some tryk-like civilian outfits that doesnt suck like the stock arma outfits.

And some lower tear weapons like Bolt actions and shotguns.

Then again i dont know J.s. about modelling so yeah i wil buy some pom poms and do :monkey:moral support as well.

isnt there a way you guys can agree with 3rd party developers to implement content already made.

Or is this a no-go from a mod creator perspective.

Like all the content is there already but just spread out over multiple mods.Take the Dodge charter from hvp,a outfit from tryk and so on...

Advertisement