Sign in to follow this  
speedweasel

Make mines persistent in territories

8 posts in this topic

Since so many people are worried they are going to lose their tabs due to physical currency and base raiding, I recommend that mines placed within a territory are made persistent (stored in the database) and survive reboots.

This will allow people to fortify their bases and it will go some way towards protecting people's bases when they are offline.

• Like 1

While we're making bases defensible, what about purchasable AI henchmen?

- AI could be placed in tactical positions like any other construction item or set to patrol within the territory

- Kit out your AI with weapons and gear you find in the game

- AI skill increases with player reputation or territory level

-  Set a limit to the number of AI per territory level

- AI should man any mounted weapons constructed within the territory

- When killed, AI should respawn after a delay commensurate with territory level or player reputation

- AI despawn when there are no players within x metres to maintain server performance

All of this would be optional, of course.  Players could still stash a flag and a tent in the wilderness.

• Like 3

Advertisement

hey dirty i know you work on it :-)

/ server send me a message to my telegram chatbot to activate my led rgb stripe  at my smarthome if someone attack my base

funny idea xD

Edited by sirbeni

add the traderzone safe vehicle stuff like on exo that u cant steal vehicles or items from it because u need to be in the group from the last driver ^^

thats by far the best feature with base raid and capture points on the server.

sorry a little bit off topic :D 

I think the potential for db-clutter is too great, and the unforseen side-effects not really worth it. On a highly populated server for example the amount of mines would be pretty huge. 

Some form of passive base-defense would be nice, I agree. Reloadable auto-turrets that run on gasoline maybe? 

• Like 3

Advertisement