TheSniper

Wall & floor dimensions

7 posts in this topic

For people that want to build bigger bases but are limited to the number of objects they can place why do we not have an option to build a bigger dimension wall or floor piece.  If possible I'm surprised it's not already in the game as it would cut down on the number of pieces in the game. 

+ for varity of building object

it looks just shit when you want to rebuild something for example and then half of the side hangs out cause there is no model thats fits really into there...

Advertisement

That would be cool if it would increase the performance because like u mentioned less pieces = better performance.

Like the virtual garages, most vehicles are stored in there if available to prevent it getting easy lifted or arma bugs that it doesnt explode, and it increases the server performance alot if a few 100 vehicles doesnt stay on the map.

I play on a server where u can still steal the vehicles, u need to cut the doors open and then u can hack for 20 minutes the flag to get 1 random vehicle out,  but its marked for everyone on the map and u can only do this if more then 30 people are online but u can hack 3 things per restart in a territiory. It works the same with safes too.

The problem with this is players will just make bigger bases than they already do. Giant bases with large towers and another square at the top. Every. Damn. Server. has at least 45 bases that look exactly like what I just described and they're needlessly big. There's no need for most bases players make to be anywhere near as big as they are. Combine this mechanic with the mods that add objects like place-able buildings and it'll quickly get (more) out of hand. 

It's a good suggestion. I would add smaller pieces as well - 1/4 and 1/3 size walls (width) and floors (width/length/both), possibly a few other variants like rounded walls/floors etc. Ideally, it would be wonderful if the engine allowed for object scaling in game, but I don't think it's possible just along one axis, if at all.

As for base size, element dimensions shouldn't be a tool to limit the size but rather the volume of building area which is currently 'earned' with respect.

I agree and disagree, i think there should be a cap on how big a base can be because like previous people saying, everyone and their mother have a base that can fit a clan of 69 people and they have... 2? maybe 3 people occupying it? which is ridiculous, but at the same time i do like the idea of bigger building pieces AND smaller pieces like the old epoch 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, and full walls/floors! like Requzz was saying less pieces to a base equals better performance, but I do like the idea of bringing back the smaller pieces as well!

Yeah, by all means bigger pieces too, for the sake of performance. I was just mentioning the smaller ones for those nooks and crannies that you get when you're not building a big cube :)

• Like 2

Advertisement